200 Series Sales Numbers for the USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hoser

SILVER Star
Threads
200 Series Sales Numbers for the USA

Year.......LX570....LC200.....Year Total
-----------------------------------------
Total....28,311.....15,508.......43,819

Source: Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), USA.

By comparison, here are the last 3 years of the 100 series. Keep in mind, I believe the 2008 200 series started sales in late 2007. So part of that 5,719 is from 200 series sales.

Year.....LX470.....LC100.....Year Total

The rest of the 100 series numbers posted here.

looks like the land cruiser is catching up to the LX; if they upgraded the interior of the land cruiser I'm sure it would boost those numbers considerably! I am one of those Lexus converts to Toyota. If you seen my post about trying to get a 13 LX but could not get the dynamic radar option in my area (had to either order it and wait or travel a considerable distance for pick up).

People don't want to spend 80 large on a Toyota badge. Only lc enthusiasts like us understand that you are buying arguably the most durable and reliable car in production today. I know about its quality.

Ahc is a deal stopper for me. I don't care for its inherent complexity and difficulty in accepting lift kits and big tires.

Lc as is is plenty luxurious and this is coming from someone who owned a couple of new range rovers prior. Thus the lx was never in the cards for my use case even at the same price.

Land cruiser heritage > other 4x4s

It amazes me that Toyota sell about 11,000 Land Cruisers in Australia every year compared to only 2 - 3000 in the US. We only have a population of 22 Million and it is about $115K USD for a spec lower than the US version. It does have a twin turbo V8 diesel though. There is also a 4.6l gas version but it accounts for about 5% of sales. No 5.7l except in Lexus variant which is not a big seller.

so in aus is it somewhat common to see lifted 200s in the daily commute near the major metros? 11K is still very low volume, but magnitudes more than the bigger, busier USA

US buys 5% of the LC's, Australia 15% and the Middle East 30%.

Still think if they'd build a new style FJ40 to compete with the Jeep, they'd sell 30k of them even at a price point 30% higher than the jeep... Which is probably where it would land. Hell, look how many FJC's they sold, and clearly there is a market for Wrangler/Rubi style trucks... They sell a ton of those piles of crap.

I'd buy one to go with my 40 and 200 in a heartbeat.

...via IH8MUD app

I wouldn't try to build a retro fj40 inspired model. These types of efforts have been sales failures for other manufacturers because you can't create heritage overnight.

Us automakers biggest sinners along this front.

Last edited:
the claims of people not buying an over 100K toyota is not all true; the LC/LX is a very wanted vehicle. the problem is in their marketing! 3 colors and 2 interior colors and thats it! Take it or leave it! Well that sort of marketing does not work here; or work for the people that purchase a LC/LX. Really would love to sit down with the toyota exec and hear what is the story behind this USA market.

So you're saying more color choices on the palette is going to somehow make it compete better with the range rovers of this world? Lol

I'm with you and the rest of this forum. Would love to hear what the execs have in mind.

I wouldn't try to build a retro fj40 inspired model. These types of efforts have been sales failures for other manufacturers because you can't create heritage overnight.

Us automakers biggest sinners along this front.

Have to disagree with you on this one. The heritage is already there. Just Introduce one more LC model in the US, and make it compete with what is already clearly a huge market in the US... But with only 1 player, jeep. This would be a market share war where a market exists. The other retro attempts were more to build a market for retro cars where none existed before. Big difference.

...via IH8MUD app

Charger? Challenger? 70s fast forward to the 00s. Crap sales, rental car brigade.

I see your point but Toyota already went down the heritage path with the fjc. Didn't work quite right. Not worth another hundred mill+ to try again esp since its brand isn't about gas hogging, heavy body on frame steel hoopties. It's now about energy efficient, high volume sales with a bit of Motorsport on the side.

My only wish is that they continue to make the land cruiser and really show the world that there can be a highly durable and reliable truck that's also 25% more efficient than what we have now. Dump the ladder chassis, deliver what land rover pulled off with the 700 lbs lighter mall crawler range rover but still maintain world beating quality from aus to Africa.

The big difference between charger and challenger type cars is that there has been no market for muscle cars since the 70's, and then they tried to make a market for retro muscle cars and have failed. Over that time, the market for a jeep/40 type of vehicles has remained very strong with only one player, jeep.

The FJC, in my opinion only, was a poor attempt to get into that market. They completely missed the boat by not having a removable top and at the time not having a SFA though going forward nothing will. Even with that, and the looks and blind spots, they still sold a bunch of them to the exact market that likely would have rather had a Toyota quality jeep like product... A new 40.

I know plenty of jeep guys that know they are driving piles of crap, but what options do they have if that's the kind of truck they want?

...via IH8MUD app

Dump the ladder chassis, deliver what land rover pulled off with the 700 lbs lighter mall crawler range rover but still maintain world beating quality from aus to Africa.
Terrible idea... can you say "stress fractures?" I like all-aluminum road vehicles, I have one. But aluminum framework won't last off-road.... through countless miles of washboard roads. I don't think so.

The new F-150 shaves off almost 500 lbs just from switching to an aluminum body and keeps a rugged steel frame. That's the smarter choice.

Steenh, I agree, Toyota needs to introduce a Jeep Wrangler competitor. But it doesn't need to be retro-anything. It could have Corolla headlights for all I care. It just needs to be SFA, ~100" wheelbase and a removable top with good visibility (just like my LC74) and it would sell like crazy. Aluminum body, steel frame, diesel and it would satisfy CAFE standards.

sorry maybe my comments did not come across as I intended; what I believe toyota has to do (to increase sales here etc) is give us more options. Yes a bare bones toyota should be available as well as a fully loaded up one. But NOT the current one. Don't try to sell me a hard plastic center stack with fake wood in only 2 colors.
Yes there heritage is there and it is THAT heritage that is keeping this product in the USA, not the product on sale for THAT PRICE
Don't holler at me right away; all of us think the product is expensive and over priced. Yes Range Rovers have a reliability issue but they provide a very BEAUTIFUL product and cater to their customers. Yes very few go off road if any but the latest and greatest technology is there.

Terrible idea... can you say "stress fractures?" I like all-aluminum road vehicles, I have one. But aluminum framework won't last off-road.... through countless miles of washboard roads. I don't think so.

The new F-150 shaves off almost 500 lbs just from switching to an aluminum body and keeps a rugged steel frame. That's the smarter choice.

Steenh, I agree, Toyota needs to introduce a Jeep Wrangler competitor. But it doesn't need to be retro-anything. It could have Corolla headlights for all I care. It just needs to be SFA, ~100" wheelbase and a removable top with good visibility (just like my LC74) and it would sell like crazy. Aluminum body, steel frame, diesel and it would satisfy CAFE standards.
Have you so little faith in Toyota?

Keep the price where it's at. You actually are getting more value than the range rover.

And I don't know where all this interior quality opinions are coming from. I had a 2013 range and I do not feel short changed in my 2014 cruiser. The wood with the metal lined accents looks great and the center stack is as non plasticky as the rover. It will actually stand up better to wear.

Range rover continues to climb upmarket. Lc at $80 is a great value. The engineering going into this thing is top class. No one else.

What are you smoking? I just said the lc value and engineering is top grade. I just wrote I had two new rovers yet I'm in a 2014 lc. Lol

Do you even own a 200? A new rover or is this all loser talk typical internet style?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom