73 FJ....Under the front seat ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Under the front seat of my 73 FJ there is a round object that is part of the floor pan...Looks like a seat mount, but its not centered...Anyone have any idea what this is or was for..?

Under the front seat of my 73 FJ there is a round object that is part of the floor pan

Fixed nuts in the floor but nothing that is part of the floor. This is my 2/73 FST
0044.JPG

Under the front seat of my 73 FJ

This shows why calling it a FJ is not a good idea. You have a FJ55 not a FJ40 which is what most threads in this section are about. I know it's confusing because the section is 40/55 tech but at the bottom of the main page is a 55 section which would probably get you just as good if not better answers.

Hello 1Shooter,

It would have been better to identify your ride as a "73 FJ55" instead of just "73 FJ" since virtually every response you received was from the FJ40 crowd...

Yes the round spot is for a rear heater. It would have had 2 heater hoses running to it and a blower fan inside of it. You should have a switch on the dash indicating the rear blower fan.

Yes the round spot is for a rear heater. It would have had 2 heater hoses running to it and a blower fan inside of it. You should have a switch on the dash indicating the rear blower fan.
This is kind of a hot rod...small block Chevy, chevy 4sp trans, Toy transf. case...it still has the ac, but it will be removed from under the dash soon..And it my 1st Toyota FJ55 to own...Still learning...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom