Klune V (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey mate

I see no one has replied yet, so I'll help keep your thread alive with a free bump :D

Now what's a Klune V :repost:

"an underdrive gearbox that bolts in place between the transmission and transfer case. we call it "extreme," because the underdrive multiplies your existing gear reduction by up to 4 times, rather than a usual underdrive of 1.2 times, or so. It is intended for extreme four-wheel-drive applications, rather than towing or gear splitting in a big truck. It works equally well with both manual and automatic transmissions."

Just having some issues with mine or the t-case. Unfortunately they are discontinued...

Looking for some insight. Cant get my t-case into low. Random noise occurs while Im driving that sounds like something
is trying to engage( I assumed it might be the klune but after some further tinkering I dont think its the problem. One of those oh s*** noises that makes you start to pull over and call a tow truck. T case oil is super clean and full.

Thanks for the explanation Port, sounds like the opposite to a Farley overdrive

Thanks for the explanation Port, sounds like the opposite to a Farley overdrive
'

Exactly. Read up on "doublers" and / or "crawl boxes".

Looking for some insight. Cant get my t-case into low. Random noise occurs while Im driving that sounds like something
is trying to engage( I assumed it might be the klune but after some further tinkering I dont think its the problem. One of those oh s*** noises that makes you start to pull over and call a tow truck. T case oil is super clean and full.

Can't get the transfer case into low, but you suspect that something is wrong with the Klune? Any problems shifting between 2 and 4wd? There should be no grinding when shifting, but maybe before and after.

You state that there's a random noise while driving. Does the noise occur while driving in 2wd, 4wd or both? Does the noise seem to start after going over a bump or anything, maybe a pothole?

Do you have the factory transfercase shifter or a custom twin-stick setup for the transfer case?

You do have the split-case, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom