45swb project - 2short (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm thinking it looks better now that it is lifted a little.

Based on the amount of tweaking that Don/FC Fabs was able to do to my rig, I am sure that yours will be back in shape shortly. Hopefully the paint is still a bit soft, as that will help to keep it from cracking. Looking forward to the after pics.

:cheers:

Steve

Hi Gumby
Just wondering where can I get the rear window weather stripping for a 1964 swb ? Thanks inadvance for any suggestion.

It is 100% unobtainable. Nobody has had it in decades.

You could use something else cut down to fit if you want to go to flat one-piece glass. The sliding glass rubber is not available.

I don't see your name on the fixed hard top list. Do you have a rig that isn't on the list?

Last edited:
It is 100% unobtainable. Nobody has had it in decades.

Thank you sir for your quick reply. I see some nicely restored SWB with the split windows , would you know what they use or are there any other suggestions and options? As for your SWB build it looks great and what are you using? Thanks for your time.

I am using the OEM gaskets that came on the truck. They are split and cracked and missing the center piece.

As far as I know, any restos are using OEM rubbers or I have seen a couple that have been converted from sliders to single flat windows.

Lincoln has a good towtruck engine. And it may have a big 9" (sellable parts).
But it has the early C6 that is not as good as the ~1975ish redesigned C6...

Hey, Jim

You gonna give up the year and frame number for yours for the list? list link

or are you gonna keep it a mystery?

Last edited:
Finally almost four months later.

To be fair, I did tell the body shop I didn't need it until March.
IMG_20140411_111428_087.jpg

Gumby,

Is that single stage satin paint or base and clear coat? Looks nice, need some more pictures.

Kinda of mixed emotions about a drive I just took

I've driven it up to the Toyota dealer before. Once a sales guy got a bit excited and took a picture of it, but usually they ask me what year my Jeep is.

I just got back from driving it to the Jeep/Dodge dealer. Guys were running out of the showroom in the snow, (yes, it's snowing in Chicago today), They were all excited. They knew it was a Land Cruiser. Some said they hadn't seen a pick up before, but at least they knew it was a Toyota. The whole time I was standing at the parts counter I could hear them gathered in the window of the showroom talking about it. they were taking cell phone pics and stuff.

Sad Toyota has been out of the game so long they don't know their own product and they hire guys who could give a s*** about cars, whatever brand it is.

Man, is it a hoot to drive. No heat to speak of and I haven't put the wipers back in yet, but worth every minute of driving it.

Just drove the LV up to the Toyota dealer to pick up new steering column to floor gaskets. Still available new from Mr T for $30 each.

Not one salesman came out. Not one of the 10 salespeople I parked in front of and walked past said a word to me. Either they didn't know or didn't care that a 50 year old example of their flagship model had just parked in front of their dealer. It might be the only one of its kind any of them will ever see and they didn't care a bit. Sad.

IMG_20140421_110659_072.jpg

Last edited:
Just drove the LV up to the Toyota dealer to pick up new steering column to floor gaskets. Still available new from Mr T for $30 each.

Not one salesman came out. Not one of the 10 salespeople I parked in front of and walked past said a word to me. Either they didn't know or didn't care that a 50 year old example of their flagship model had just parked in front of their dealer. It might be the only one of its kind any of them will ever see and they didn't care a bit. Sad.
They are car salesmen... THIS WEEK.

Last week they were selling refrigerators and next week they be on to chimney cleaning.

Don't feel bad.

And the week after that they have a load of asphalt that is extra from a job around the corner that they'll make you a hellofa good deal on.

Is this for the 80 series column in the LV? You posted in the wrong thread :)

Well, crap.

Spent the after noon building a roll cage. I used the POs Metal Tech-ish dash bends, redid the rear hoop because I have to clear the top and he didn't, and added a front spreader and two middle spreaders.
Got it all in and tacked.

The door will not close. The WS will not latch. There's not 1-3/4 to be had between them. There's not 1-1/2 either so I cant rebuild the whole cage out of 1.5 and make it work either. I might be able to move the latch a little, but I don't know if I can move it enough. The latch on the bug-catcher vent window hits too.
. IMG_20140424_143502_049.jpg IMG_20140424_143502_049.jpg IMG_20140424_143436_950.jpg IMG_20140424_143452_377.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom