HJ 61 Exhaust Advice Needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the guy I built it with is a wooden boat builder everthing had to be within a 1/32" he lives in sanich by the red barn you might see it around, awsome truck I think I like it better that a cruiser (hurts to admit it after owning 7 cruisers)

I actually saw it the other day on my way to wallace drive. I thought to myself what a nice truck when I saw it. I do like the look of them. Are they built as sturdy as a 60 series? They appear to be cheaper in cost from what I have seen.

Do you do custom fabrication regularly?

Happy Easter!

I try to do as much fab work as I can. I get to build a roll cage for the strathcona toyota race car next week
the safari/ patrol is mostly tougher than a cruiser in many respects the transmission sucks and the parts for them are pretty unreasonable
I turboed my brothers and it was amazing, but too much power for the clutch to hold, so wie replaced it and less that a year later we did a water meth kit and once again the clutch started slipping, but holly s*** did it go tire smoking fast

That is great, what in invaluable skill to have. That is pretty cool that you work on the toyota race car. I assumed the patrol/safari was an inferior product. i guess I assumed wrong. I have always liked the look of them. do they not come factory turboed?

they did make a turbo version but i think that they are rare. they also made a lousy engine for a while, tried to lose weight weaker casting, but then started making the old one again its a 4.2l i6 with gear driven timing and mechanical fuel pump. the td42. I have seen my brothers start -20c on straight veggie oil it was shaky but it fired.
they come with 4 wheel discs, a drivline ebrake, and the front knuckle, hub and wheel bearings are all in diff oil, no grease
the newer ones are a smaller engine with a turbo

they did make a turbo version but i think that they are rare. they also made a lousy engine for a while, tried to lose weight weaker casting, but then started making the old one again its a 4.2l i6 with gear driven timing and mechanical fuel pump. the td42. I have seen my brothers start -20c on straight veggie oil it was shaky but it fired.
they come with 4 wheel discs, a drivline ebrake, and the front knuckle, hub and wheel bearings are all in diff oil, no grease
the newer ones are a smaller engine with a turbo

Thanks for opening my eyes Vinny. I now have a greater appreciation for the safari/patrol. Hey I noticed you are making your own bio diesel. Are you converting veg oil into true biodiesel? That is something I have been interested in for awhile. I tried a few smaller batches a few years ago, but didn't get it quite right and my time and efforts changed in a different direction.

I actuallly dont make bio anymore but instead I run straight used veggie oil or hydraulic fluid or atf or used engine oil or stove oil or jet b or whatever else I can find
the patrol I was working on also runs on veggie
my brothers safari runs on veggie
I have also converted a ford, Mitsubishi, vw, dodge and a few others to run on veggie

I didn't know they could run on such a wide assortment of oil (or maybe I should say I didn't know that all of those oils were similar). Do you notice any change in engine performance? Probably getting better lubrication with the oils over the de sulphured diesel. Now that is versatility. If the SHTF you are set for being able to run on pretty much anything. Awesome.

Hydraulic fluid was great engine oil was kind of scary but worked fine jet b is awsome
of course veg ol is great

Hey Sooke

Have you started on your exhaust yet

I have all my parts and am raring to go. Another project on the farm took precedent so hopefully I will get started next week. have you been enjoying the difference it makes?:)

Yes mate, still sounds awesome and goes heaps better, plus the IC makes a bit of difference as well

Spudman! I am happy to finally say that I have my 3" exhaust installed. FINALLY... It took me a couple days of messing around but it is in and I am happy. Decided to go straight pipe with no muffler or resonator. It isn't too loud and has a nice turbo whine. Also went with the Toyo M55 255/85R16 tires. Things are slowly getting done. Getting ready for a month long road trip to Baja Mexico next week. Nothing like a planned trip to get projects finished.

Cheers mate

Thanks mate

Yep very happy, just as a side note I wired up my pyro (EGT) and boost gauge today and tested it at 60mph it was 300 degrees Celsius and running at 10psi.

I find the Coopers very nice, but I picked them up second hand,they are quiet but I haven't tried them off road yet. I have just put Kunho KL71 mud tyres on my 200 series, they look good, super quiet and very impressed with them.

Spudman! I am happy to finally say that I have my 3" exhaust installed. FINALLY... It took me a couple days of messing around but it is in and I am happy. Decided to go straight pipe with no muffler or resonator. It isn't too loud and has a nice turbo whine. Also went with the Toyo M55 255/85R16 tires. Things are slowly getting done. Getting ready for a month long road trip to Baja Mexico next week. Nothing like a planned trip to get projects finished.

Cheers mate
Well done mate, I was about to ask how it's all going

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom