Profile Picture??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
superoil.com
I'm a new user.

When I created my account and went and viewed my profile, it has grabbed the photo from my Google account.

How do I change that photo? I want to use a picture of my FJ40 instead of my ugly mug!

Thanks.

As a new owner and user, I'm looking forward to learning a lot here!

In the top right corner of the page, hover your mouse over your username. Click "Avatar" in the menu that pops up.

Thanks. I don't have a mouse, I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone, but I'll look and see if I can find what you're talking about.

If you click/tap on the username there, it takes you to the Personal Details page of your account settings. The second line down is to change your avatar.

I've got the same problem. When I click my username, I can't find anything to change my Avatar.

I can change my avatar, but I note that those here that can't change their avatars haven't been members of ih8mud for very long.

So I'm guessing it's a security thing

... After all ... there's always been a delay (after joining) in being able to post images (as I think I recall anyway) and an avatar is an image..

:beer:

I can change my avatar, but I note that those here that can't change their avatars haven't been members of ih8mud for very long.

So I'm guessing it's a security thing

... After all ... there's always been a delay (after joining) in being able to post images (as I think I recall anyway) and an avatar is an image..

:beer:

I bet that's the issue. I just joined today.

Thanks.

Thanks, marbles, I forgot about the noob limits. Here's the deal from the IH8MUD User Guide:

• Noobies: Once you've registered, you fall into the 'noobie' category, and are stuck here until you post 10 times in a non-Chat area (or, you get 10 posts to prove to the masses you aren't a spammer...lol) You cannot upload an Avatar yet, your attachment folder is pretty darn tiny, you are limited to 5 total PM's (Private Messages) and there are some other limits in place, including limited capabilities within your Signature line. Participate, and you'll move up quickly. (and no, hitting 10 doesn't INSTANTLY upgrade you...gotta wait for the server to process first!)
  • 10+ Regulars: Obviously, you have over 10 posts and are on your way to being a contributing member. You can now upload an Avatar from your User CP, your Attachment space is large enough for 1000+ images, you have a 2-stall Garage available and some other things 'open up' as well, including links in your Sig line....

What a pain. I have been assigned this groovy male symbol for my avatar. Makes me look like a swinger from the seventies!

The 10 post limit prompted me to list some stuff in classifieds so I would have enough posts to lose the swinger avatar. Wait overnight and now I feel like a real person..er...member.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom