WTB 2012+ Land Cruiser or Lexus LX (1 Viewer)

What year and make

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brices123

GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
Want to get my wife a late model 2012+ Land Cruiser or Lexus LX. Looking for anyone's advice, comments, what to avoid, etc. Do we wait for the 2015 model? Is there any real difference between the years? Mind you, it will be a grocery getter for now, and in 15 years I will make it my Mud Truck.

Thank you for the help.

Can't go wrong with any 200 series.

Only difference between LX and LC is the LX cost 8-10K more, has a much nicer interior, and will cost a little extra to mod down the road.

The 2013+ LC has all options as standard. ie. radar cruise control, ice box. Previous years were add-ons.

The LC badge and ease of mods made the LC my choice.

In the U.S. there was no 2012 LC - the 2013 was sold in 2012 and 2013. Ergo, I'd recommend either a 2013 or 2014 LC depending on whether you're buying new or used. I can't justify the extra $$$ for the LX.

HTH

Lx a little extra to mod? Do understand that they are selling in much lower volumes of 200s than 100s.

Ahc rip and replace will be at best in my guesstimates a backyard garage affair.

You can't even get metaltech to make sliders for our LCs since there are so few out there. It's like convincing the Instagrams of the world to make an app for blackberry and windows phones. The profits are just not there.

Quite simple. If you want to mod go lc. If your use case is oem then it's a two horse race.

Maybe you don't know how these vehicles are built?

Actually there is a significant difference in the suspension. The LC uses steel springs, basic dampers, and has the "KDSS" system which disconnects the sway bars when in low range for increased wheel articulation providing better traction over rugged terrain.

The LX uses a fluid based height control such that you cannot simply install aftermarket springs for a small lift. However, one could say there are some benefits in how this LX system works. You retain a better/lower on road handling while having the option for more height when desired during off road use. It's a pretty cool system but conceivably not as easy to modify. Someone on this forum is actively trying to "lift" the LX while also retaining the hydraulic height control.

Otherwise the leather is noticeably different. "Better"? That depends on personal opinion.

Since nobody else is really chiming in, I'll throw in a few differences. Like the LX470 compared to the LC100, there are probably over 100 differences between the LX570 and LC200. Many of them are meh but some are significant improvements. Of course, there are those who prefer the simplest, most trouble-free vehicle and might not want any of the extras.

Feel free to correct my list and I'll edit this post.

LX:
-Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
-Front seats extendable seat cushion (thigh support). 2nd row seats have powered fore/aft adjustment. 3rd row is power folding
-Nicer instrument cluster
-Laminated, front door glass vs std tempered glass on LC. Quieter and safer.
-Power lift gate
-Longer warranty
-Real wood accents (Mahogany). LC has what they call "wood grain style"
-optional> 19 speaker Mark Levinson Stereo vs 14 speaker JBL in LC
-------------dual rear displays with separate inputs
-------------optional semi-aniline leather

LC:
-Has Dynamic Radar Cruise Control standard. Optional on LX
-8500lb towing capacity vs 7000 lb for the LX

Last edited:
The window between the C and D pillars is fixed in the LC (a change from the 100 series). I do not know about the LX.

Ah, yes, thanks, it is the same for the LX. Edited post.

Last edited:
If you plan to turn it to off road and dally driver later go with the LC as already stated due to the AHC. Frankly, the less you pay the more cash you can put into it for upgrades. Seriously, not sure if you would really care between 2008 and 2011 LC so find a good one as cheap as you can. I do get the Lexus attraction- my wife is in a LX 470 and loves it. Maybe have her drive an 2007 470 and compare- bet she will like it.

Thank you for all the input.

I bought a 2014 LC200 of the showroom floor yesterday.

Bought the pearl white to match my 91 FJ80, minus all the pin striping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom