Auto transport recommendation (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys, I'm coming over from the 100 side and into my third LC! I have bought a '13 and am excited about its pending arrival. I need to ship it from a dealer in KY to MS. Can you recommend a reliable transport Co? I don't care about it being covered for transpiration. Thanks in advance

So just curious, did you buy the one from Green's Toyota in Lexington?

I've had Summit ship a couple for me as well. I was very satisfied and Aaron was a great help.

...via IH8MUD app

A your best bet it to contact a shipping company directly if you want to save a couple of hundred bucks that the brokers charge. Just google it from either your departure or arrival location. Then again, if you don't want to call around just use a broker like the one recommended. I've shipped 5 in the last four years and have done it it several ways- including using UShip - which is fun, but you probably will pay more with their fees added to another broker fees. Note: there is a section here in Mud to post needed transport. Good luck and welcome to the 200 family- now get out and wheel it like it was designed for!

I have contacted Summit and look forward to getting my new LC soon. The price i thought was very fair of $500 KY to MS. I'll let you know if they drop the truck along the way! Otherwise I'll be posting something more interesting like a fly fishing trip in the new rig!
Thanks again

Ok, routes are important!!! KY to MS is a difficult route. $500 had to change to $700 just to get someone to pick it up. Aaron at Summit was helpful and cut his fee to let the jacked up money go to a driver. It still took me almost 3 weeks to get.
I picked it up and took a 500 mile trip the first day fly fishing in arkansas with my sons so all good in the end.

We think.

I could not understand the driver at all. :lol:

A your best bet it to contact a shipping company directly if you want to save a couple of hundred bucks that the brokers charge. Just google it from either your departure or arrival location. Then again, if you don't want to call around just use a broker like the one recommended. I've shipped 5 in the last four years and have done it it several ways- including using UShip - which is fun, but you probably will pay more with their fees added to another broker fees. Note: there is a section here in Mud to post needed transport. Good luck and welcome to the 200 family- now get out and wheel it like it was designed for!
Do you have any specific recommendations of shipping companies?

I am trying to go from MA to Los Angeles.

Thanks

I’ve had good luck with Lucky Star Auto Transport. Zoly is the owner/operator so no need to deal with brokers. His number is 408-771-5623 (based out of San Jose). He moved a raptor for me without a scratch. And those things are wide.

I’ve had good luck with Lucky Star Auto Transport. Zoly is the owner/operator so no need to deal with brokers. His number is 408-771-5623 (based out of San Jose). He moved a raptor for me without a scratch. And those things are wide.
Thank you

I will call him tmrw

Check out Plycar as well. They are out of Long Island and ship direct. Many of the big name shippers go through certain parts of the country and off/on load to get different loads to certain regions. The less vehicle transfer the less chance of damage.

I used them to ship one of my cars from NC to CA.

Plycar Transportation | Automotive Moving Logistics

Prostar Auto Transport. The only broker worth calling. Get a quote from them. They only use reputable companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom