New 75' PIG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This beast was headed to the scrap yard but I was able to save it for $500! This is my first land cruiser so I'm very excited to do something like a 55. I don't know too much about them but I've been doing lots of research so I know enough to get the ball rolling.

The PO had everything stripped out, one tons, and 37's on it waiting for a diesel swap. I ditched the one tons and 37's and took the cab and frame home.

She's I'm my backyard for right now waiting for space to clear out of the garage. So once I finish my 71' chevelle I'll really get working on it. Which should be no later than a few months. But in the mean time I plan to do the little things that I can.

I've started collecting a few parts, ie. FJ62 axles and a 5.3 vortec. Usually I'm all for staying all Toyota, but this one has me swaying a different direction. I plan to mate a H55F to it like others have done. I'd like to keep the paint as is, I think it gives it some character, and there's not too much rust (from what I can see) so I'll fix what needs to be fixed, and if I stay with this plan I'll clear coat it and call it a day.

I'll have lots of questions for all of you as I go on with this build. So I appreciate any future input.

Daniel
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

That's a beefy Pig!!!

Do you have any pictures of the Chevelle?

Can't say that I'd ever have imagine hooking an FJC up to a load that heavy, but appears it made it.

Any considerations given to a 1FZ-FE or a 1HZ, an effort at keeping it Toyota?

HZJ55 has a nice ring to it.

Are you going to stay with the springs over the axle? It does help with the 5.3, but it will fit sua, also. What did the 5.3 come out of?

Can't say that I'd ever have imagine hooking an FJC up to a load that heavy, but appears it made it.

Any considerations given to a 1FZ-FE or a 1HZ, an effort at keeping it Toyota?

HZJ55 has a nice ring to it.

Yeah I was a little concerned as well, but the 4 hour drive from houston went pretty well. Will I ever tow that heavy with my FJC again? NEVER!

and I have thought about those options as well, the reason i'm leaning for the 5.3 right now is because I already had it sitting in my garage pre pig. But nothing is solid until its in the Pig, so anything is possible!

Are you going to stay with the springs over the axle? It does help with the 5.3, but it will fit sua, also. What did the 5.3 come out of?

Yes I am staying SOA

The 5.3 came out of a 2002 suburban.
If I do end up using it, I just gotta do a quick rebuild and get the Camaro pan like you did.
I have to look back threw your thread, but did you go with Advanced adapters to mate the 5.3 and H55?

Datalig27,

Yes on Advanced Adapters, worked good. If you stay SOA, then I don't think you'll need the Camaro pan. The truck pan should be fine.

Datalig27,

Yes on Advanced Adapters, worked good. If you stay SOA, then I don't think you'll need the Camaro pan. The truck pan should be fine.

good deal, I still have quite a few parts to collect before I even think about putting it in. That's good to know, i'll have to see how it all fits when the time comes.

As far as those diesel engines, I have no problem going that route, I just have absolutely no knowledge about these engines or diesel's in general. 22r/22re were my bread and butter. I'll research more into them, I still have quite a bit of time before I put anything back in.

Looks like a pretty clean Chevelle, you'll have to post pictures when you get it done!

image.jpg
Not an update, but I thought this was pretty cool. The floor mats still looks new! I couldn't really see the front because it's covered in parts but this one looks great.

If you don't, let me know. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom