Sources for multiple place settings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

aaronrules

Coolest person you know!
Threads
So I am in charge of finding MULTIPLE mess kits (plate, spork, cup, bowl) for our Cub scout pack. Maybe a chuck box to put it all into also. Maybe with a good military or scouting discount? We are trying to get our pack away from using throw away stuff and be more "green". We are looking at being able to provide settings for at least 50 people. Maybe even cooking supplies too.

Sportsman's Guide??

Look up camp boxes here, do a search. A good mission for the kids would be to build their own boxes for each troop.

Bass Pro Shop, Cabela's, Sportsman's Warehouse, REI are places to start, anything Coleman, see what kind of camp kitchens
they sell. I like stuff made from Melamine, it's a fairly tough hard to break plastic and you can get plastic cutlery as well.

Hit the dollar store and buy a pile of re-usable plastic plates, cups, etc.
For cooking tools visit the local restaurant supply store.

Check out "Major Surplus" in Gardena, CA for mess kits. They have mountains of nesting kits that include plates and utensils, plus they have cups and cooking pots, etc from around the world. I was there a while back and saw hundreds of these items for $2-5 per kit. It was all stainless steel and well made.

No connection, just an idea

Doug

Try campmor.com

Check out "Major Surplus" in Gardena, CA for mess kits. They have mountains of nesting kits that include plates and utensils, plus they have cups and cooking pots, etc from around the world. I was there a while back and saw hundreds of these items for $2-5 per kit. It was all stainless steel and well made.

^this place is awesome. Stopped off there on my way out of town for camping based off a recommendation.

I went to the local restaraunt supply store. They have Melamine plates and stuff. You now the stuff they have in cafeterias. It's a great idea, but probably to expensive for the pack and after 50 place settings, it would get really heavy. I am going to suggest that we make at least a couple chuck boxes to put it all in too.

I like the idea of each scout having their own mess kit. But also the idea of having a communal pool of eating and food prep supplies is great idea too. I'm checking out Major Surplus right now.

You can get a generic mess kit at walmart for about $5. Make each Cub buy their own.

Check Wal-Mart for cheap bulk silverware. They may have some options plastic plates, bowls and cups too.

buy a crap ton of mismatched silverware from goodwill or deseret industries. $10.00 gets you a huge volume...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom