HJ61 12HT Build Up - The Grub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think it might affect the air flow seeing as how low profile your scoop is. I would drive it with the deflector, then drive it on the same road without it, see how much of a difference it makes. Your rig is looking good.
Thanks mate, once I've sealed the area around the intercooler I'll try it out

The wind deflector doesn't do much to deflect wind but it's done a ton for my rig in deflecting rocks!
Word of warning with it though spud I took mine off yesterday for a cut and polish and the dirt and grime build up under it was huge and second only to under the chrome gutter strips, needless to say the chrome is off until resale time but the deflector has done its job on long haul gravel roads.

...via IH8MUD app

The wind deflector doesn't do much to deflect wind but it's done a ton for my rig in deflecting rocks!
Word of warning with it though spud I took mine off yesterday for a cut and polish and the dirt and grime build up under it was huge and second only to under the chrome gutter strips, needless to say the chrome is off until resale time but the deflector has done its job on long haul gravel roads.

...via IH8MUD app
Hey Crick
Yep spot on mate, I'm hoping to leave it on and my mechanic agrees

Awesome thread, awesome rig! :cheers:

Thanks for the support Hojo

Need to seal the IC so this what I'm working on

ef603940205f3e7efe40a754e91c045b_zps9dcd6138.jpg

:cheers: Spudman

Another picture for the scrap book :grinpimp:

Rounded off the corners and secured it to the IC

e5f0b1eddf195a8de6f7dc8d214ad07f_zps6de64a05.jpg

Well I've finally got a solid steel bullbar for my truck :D

a79e56e96458a155861a37497471f486_zpsbdacbedb.jpg

The only problem with it is the right side of the tube is a bit squashed :bang:

e07530217a0a09005996d62ae2c46e3d_zps0000b421.jpg

The other side is ok :bounce:

f6f1032fdfd3f5fdcf1d67e67983b8c5_zps3d877c12.jpg

So the dilemma is which way do I go with it.

1. Leave it as is
2. Make it into a Sahara bar and cut both side tubing off
3. Try and find another similar bar and cut the section of tubing out and re weld it

What do you guys think

Definitely cut it, even all the way down it'll make a nice spot to sit and leave your tools on.....so you can drive off with them still on there.. :D

leave it the way it is, call it CHARACTER
True good point :p
Definitely cut it, even all the way down it'll make a nice spot to sit and leave your tools on.....so you can drive off with them still on there.. :D
Yep I know that feeling :D
Sell it and buy a winch capable bar!!

Tap it out as much as you can, if at all. Re-paint and install. Dont cut it up!
I have a winch cradle, so I've got that covered, I refuse to pay $1000 for a winch bar

Just bend a new piece mate and cut it in, your welding skills are up to it.
I could probably find another piece and thanks for the vote of confidence :grinpimp:

if its just a dent and the shape of the bar isn't affected just bog it and paint it.
Yeah I thought about that, but I think it would need too much bog

Get creative with some rubber hose, or similar, to cover it up on both ends and tell people its for added protection when knockin cows over so you don't damage the meat!
Now we're talking

Also picked up a set of near new heavy duty front springs today for nicks, pays to be in the right place at the right time, a bloke up here got them for his 75 series but they didn't fit :clap:

So this weekend I'll be taking off the old flat ones and getting rid of those extended shackles :)

I'm still having problems with my steering, I haven't replaced the the front springs yet as I decided I want some more lift in the truck :bounce: So I've ordered another set of extended shackles for the rear.

Anyway these problems and I hope they go away with the new springs, I went out for a drive today to pick up a new dash facia as I've ordered a new DVD GPS stereo for it. So driving along the bitumen every now again the truck feels like it wants to veer to the left or right, buggered if I know what's causing it but I'm hoping it's the flat springs, I've replaced the tie rods ends, done the hubs and seals, all the bushes are good and it driving me nuts.

The rear shackles should be here in a week, but I'm gonna replace the front springs on Wednesday and see if that makes a difference, obviously the front will sit higher the back for a week.

I'm afraid to state the obvious mate but wheel alignment?
Does it wander left as well as right?
Possibly u-bolts need a tighten?
Didn't tighten up the relay rod after adjusting?

I'm afraid to state the obvious mate but wheel alignment?
Does it wander left as well as right?
Possibly u-bolts need a tighten?
Didn't tighten up the relay rod after adjusting?
Yeah I've been thinking that as well, but I've also been avoiding it too, because no one here in Halls Creek does wheel alignment, I think once I've put the new springs in I'll go for a drive to Kununurra and get it done, the U bolts have been done up FT and double checked tightened everything else as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom