TLCA Official 26th Rubithon Thread 2014 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Doug, thanks for those thread links. Looks like I may want to remove my wheel flares. LOL. Man, Cadillac looks "fun". Do you remove the sway bars -- front and/or rear on the rubicon?

Do you remove the sway bars -- front and/or rear on the rubicon?
I think the 80 flexes well enough with the sway bars and like that fact that it flops around less with the sway bars on but I do remove the front because I really don't want to break the linkage and rip out my front brake lines. I have heard of the rear linkage breaking but not of it causing damage to the brake lines so I keep the rear sway bar connected. I have a 93 with the earlier style sway bar links, don't know if that makes it stronger or weaker but the rear has survived the trail Knock on wood.

Does anyone bring their children? I've never done this trail and would like to do it in my 94 fj80 (OME lift, 33s, F/R lockers, sliders, F/R ARB and Slee bumpers, Slee tcase belly plate) with my wife and 4.5 year old son. Any advice would be welcomed -- not sure if its a family friendly thing or more adults only and/or mostly dudes. I think I would register for the wagon run. Thanks!

Children are not only ok, it's encouraged! Spend as much time with them as you can while they are you and you get to instill all the knowledge and love of the outdoors and wheeling specifically! There are many familys there and many husband/wife duo's. It's not just a dude fest.

The only thing we do that is adult only, is have the open bar on Friday night. We Id EVERYONE drinking and they have to wear an wristband to be served or be allowed to drink. But even then, the kids tend to dance around the stage area.

Also there is a wine tasting fundraiser for RTF. That to is ID check, but if nothing else, is a great time to let the wife let her hair down a little before dinner on Saturday night.

Hope to see ya there!

Congrats to Kristian Sievert for winning the extra grand prize raffle ticket for the month of March. You name will go back in the hat for the future drawings as well!

To everyone else, get those registrations in for your chance in the upcoming drawings and to secure the run you want to be on!

Congrats to Kristian Sievert for winning the extra grand prize raffle ticket for the month of March. You name will go back in the hat for the future drawings as well!

To everyone else, get those registrations in for your chance in the upcoming drawings and to secure the run you want to be on!

Sweet! What is the grand prize BTW?

Have sliders, skids ordered and custom rear bumper being designed and hopefully starting fabrication real soon. Getting excited for June. Doesn't look there will be much snow left up there after a few more weeks of this warm weather.

Sweet! What is the grand prize BTW?

Have sliders, skids ordered and custom rear bumper being designed and hopefully starting fabrication real soon. Getting excited for June. Doesn't look there will be much snow left up there after a few more weeks of this warm weather.

We do more than one. As of now a Warn Winch and a Power Tank.

You've got less than a month to get your registations in and avoid the late sign up fee. Get those registrations in and let's go wheelin!

How's the weather been? I've heard of extreme drought conditions in CA and was wondering if that will affect the event.

Main issue with drought is whether campfires are allowed. Probably won't see much snow along the trail and could be dustier than usual for this time of year.

How's the weather been? I've heard of extreme drought conditions in CA and was wondering if that will affect the event.

Shouldn't affect us too badly at all. I was up on the Con this last weekend, and snow is not an issue as of now. As far as drought causing issues. I'd say make sure you have means to cook during fire restrictions. In other words, propane fired that can be turned off. I can see us not being able to have the smaller campfires at the various camp sites that routinely happen, but there is always the option of bringing the campfire in a can. Those are allowed even during fire restrictions because they can be turned off. Not to mention they support our event and donate raffle prizes :clap:

I don't have any official word about the main camp fire that we do in the Springs, but considering there are fire pumps and hose available and the fact that it is on private property, we should be able to have a fire as long as we have permission from the property owners.

Due to an unfortunate accident Rubithon is now in need of an experienced Rubicon Trail Leader. The run we are in need of a Trail Leader is the Thursday morning breakfast at Ice House Resort with a camp out at Buck Island and then into the Springs Friday morning/afternoon. If you are interested, please email me directly at chairman (at) rubithon (dot) com. Or give me a call. I will be leaving for Frolic Thursday afternoon and returning on Sunday, so if you don't receive a return call/email right away, I will contact you when I get back Sunday evening with the fine details :cheers:

Thanks for your help!

I am the one on the lame and lazy list, ankle fracture a week ago. Eric and I are in touch and as of right now I still hope to be there. His recruiting is not premature however, since I need additional trail crew anyhow. Next Monday 4/28 I plan to commit one way or the other.

After all it is only my clutch foot and I hardly ever use that on the 'con anyhow :steer:

Congrats to Steve Butman on winning Aprils drawing for an extra grand prize raffle ticket.

For everyone else, only 15 more days to avoid the late fee!

You can still sign up after May 15th, but the late fee is an extra $25

I'd like to thank Sean, owner of Comerson's Toy Shop in Campbell, for stepping up like so many do to help us out. He and his staff will be handling the Thursday breakfast run. Hopefully Pete will be healed and ready to go, but no fret, the run is AWN!

I am planning on going and am grateful that the pressure is off on being 100%

Thanks Sean, looking forward to wheeling with you!

Pete,
Looking forward to wheeling with your group this year. Happy to hear you will be mended enough. btw, Michelle rode along last year wearing a moon boot, just saying (of course she didn't drive).

Is Sean the guy I saw at Frolic in Hollister last weekend who drove the new obstacle course in a bobbed, exoed, linked, turboed 4 runner?

Are there details on the dates and specifics for each of the trail runs? I can't seem to find them on the website??

How many trucks in each of the run groups?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom