Builds My 2005 gx470 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

H11 Headlight bulbs 3600 Lumen, Bare sliders waiting to be Rhino Lined in Matching Paint color

There's no way those pnp bulbs are putting out 3600lm of useable light. OEM vehicles that use LEDs for their headlights don't even use one lens IE: H11 projector...they use multiple lens that focus the light properly and have multiple cooling fans / heatsinks and it takes up the larger portion of the underneath and or backside of the headlight housings.

Don't believe the hype w/ those LED pnp bulbs.....

They have cooling fans on the back of them. I had to take the battery out to install them on the drivers side of the car. I also had to raise the headlight angle so that are actually shining upwards. They had a tenancy to only shine directly in front of the vehicle. As far as 3600lm.....That is what is claimed. They are bright enough. Are they as bright as HID....well....no....nearly, but not quite.

Those H11 LED's are not meant to be used for headlight low beams. Aftermarket H11 LED's are illegal because the light output does not meet DOT specifications. H11 LED's are O.K. for running lights, but that's about all. I don't care how many lumens those LED's produce, the pattern is all wrong for any OEM headlight assembly. Someday, ALL vehicles will have LED headlights, but the LED stuff being sold for aftermarket use right now is just Krapp. (That's my personal opinion.)

Last edited:
Those sliders came out great! Did you do something to the front fender pieces after you took off the stock steps?

Front fender piece? Are you referring to the place where the running boards meet the fender flare? I am having aluminum caps made for this area this weekend. I will post the pics as soon as they are up.

Front fender piece? Are you referring to the place where the running boards meet the fender flare? I am having aluminum caps made for this area this weekend. I will post the pics as soon as they are up.

Exactly....that would be awesome!

Great, post 'em up when you get them!

Just took the running boards off this morning. Rock sliders are the next mod. Might be interested in fender caps.

Last edited:
And they are 20% off through the end of April! Think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the OPOR too. I had them on my 80 and 100. They are beefy!

Here you guys go!

20140424_185143.jpg

20140425_151355.jpg

20140425_160041.jpg

20140425_160110.jpg

20140424_205914.jpg

Sweetness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom