Millermatic 200 or Lincoln power mig 255 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Each comes with a large bottle. The 200 is a black face model. Looks to be in great shape. I could get it for ~$700. The 255 is also in great shape. Seller is listing for $1000. Probably could do somewhere between $700-$800. The 200 is a legend machine while the 255 is newer but there seems to be very few people owning it from what I been searching all morning. If you were to get one, which one would you get?

I'd also get the 255. Larger size is handy because you can use 40lb spools. Also has a bit more power. The small size welder doesn't save any real shop space because you'll put it on a cart anyway. I don't think you can go wrong with either one though.

255, it will do everything you need to do, in fact if I was out your way we'd be fighting over it!

I have owned both models and both are good machines. I kept the Lincoln 225 Power Mig because it just welds better for me. I alternate between ER-70S in .035 solid and .025 solid with only a change of the rollers, guide and tip. I also use gas, 75-25 mix and get excellent results. The .025 is for working on the 16 gauge and lighter metals on the Cruisers and other projects. The .035 is my go-to wire for all other welding projects. The Lincoln 225 also has LED numbers for both heat and wire speed. Very accurate.

Be sure to get yourself a quality auto darkening helmet. It makes welding so much easier and faster. Good leather gloves and a long sleeve heavy cotton shirt with smooth toe boots will keep the welding a pleasant job with no hopping around due to hot "BB's" bouncing around in your flip flops. Good luck..and every one in your neighborhood will be coming over with projects for you to weld up. You'll be the most popular guy in the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom