Meet my new DD, "Marty McFly" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:

Nice looking little extra cab Sam. No that you need it BT congrats on getting it up and running so quick.

Looking at my spelling, I need to stop posting at 3 A.M. lol.

Between here and there

Time to turbo charge it....

Gonna attempt to drive Marty to work tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Good luck! What size of tires does it have on it?

From a iPhone with autocorrect...

Good luck, Marty will make it.

Thanks guys. I don't doubt he will make it. Rush hour through downtown Atlanta is just going to be a little hair raising.

Marty has 31x10.50s but the fronts are horribly chopped out . It sounds like 42 mud terrains at 10 mph. :/

Well I survived. My exhaust basically fell off. It was apparently zip tied on. So I will need to do something about that today. The tires are literally the worst riding tires I've had on a vehicle and I'm including my trail truck. :confused:

Nothing a little bailing wire can't fix. :steer:

Got some tunes back in the ride!!! Score! Now I wonder if the volume will be loud enough to cover up the tire noise... :hmm:

Also got hooked up with a couple of coat hangers for my exhaust. It's... marginally better.

Sam why not switch the front with the backs and see if that helps?

Sam why not switch the front with the backs and see if that helps?

That's probably my next move. It really depends on speed. Low speeds the fronts are awful and steering wheel shakes, high speed the rear feel like is bouncing all over. I'm a bit nervous about swapping because I don't want to have a bad vibration on the highway.

Also noticed tonight that I have a bad oil leak at the front corner of the pan. There's a rubber gasket on there which I think should just be FIPG. I couldn't get the pan off since you have to drop the front diff. So, I'm gonna goop a bunch of FIPG in there and tighten the bolts up and see what happens. I'm most likely going to have the guys at the shop do the oil pan since I don't have a lift at home.

Once I get that sorted then I'll see about some tires. I might just go with like a Cooper AT3 because I can get them cheap and this truck won't see much (if any) off road use.

I wonder if who did the oil pan before meesed up the block and that's why there's a leak...I did that to mine and still need to fix it, just don't wanna deal with dropping the dif yet if it's that. An I understand that with the tires, I just got a set of bighorns from a guy and the front were worn weird and I did that switch and it made them quiter.

I almost ended up with the AT3's on my 3rd gen. I have had really good luck with my cooper's.

:beer:Here's to hoping the tunes drowned out the tires tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom