Project Old Fart 1960 FJ25 softop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update, took a vacation to Death Valley and lower middle California last week. I think I am done with wiring, but I don't know yet. Engine turns over with the key! Engine rebuilt 7 years ago and has not leaked a drop of oil until I added oil yesterday and now have drips on the floor from between the oil pan skid plate and the pan. Time to replace an oil pan. More parts are done from the painter. I rebuilt my 1st and 2nd Vacuum wiper motor this morning, enjoy bench work like that. Photo's soon. John

John back in the eighties when I was pulling the engine out of my 68 the oil pan skid plate caught on the front axle and torn a couple of the spot welds. Brazed those area and hasn't leak since. This was the early eighties and this was the only FJ40 and F engine I had. Today I have a few spare parts around but if you don't want to pull another off a engine might inspect the inside of the pan and see if it's just a crack at a spot weld.

Also waiting for a report on how well the vacuum work. Not sure since I've been on mud anyone has used these wipers. Few pictures of the rebuild would be nice if you took any.

John back in the eighties when I was pulling the engine out of my 68 the oil pan skid plate caught on the front axle and torn a couple of the spot welds. Brazed those area and hasn't leak since. This was the early eighties and this was the only FJ40 and F engine I had. Today I have a few spare parts around but if you don't want to pull another off a engine might inspect the inside of the pan and see if it's just a crack at a spot weld.

Also waiting for a report on how well the vacuum work. Not sure since I've been on mud anyone has used these wipers. Few pictures of the rebuild would be nice if you took any.

Thank's John, I'll check out the pan when I pull it. Got in a hurry when I re-did the vac wiper motors so no photo's. Basicly made two good motors from my two originals and two I got from LITP years ago, I had to rush to get them to the painter last week.

4-13-14 007.JPG
Thank's John, I'll check out the pan when I pull it. Got in a hurry when I re-did the vac wiper motors so no photo's. Basicly made two good motors from my two originals and two I got from LITP years ago, I had to rush to get them to the painter last week.
4-13-14 001.JPG 4-13-14 001.JPG

4-13-14 005.JPG

Felt weather strip worked perfect for the pads under the gas tank, the top gas tank straps and the dog house gasket.

Felt weather strip worked perfect for the pads under the gas tank, the top gas tank straps and the dog house gasket.
awesome to know. i would love to find the little T shaped pins that hold it in place. i'm assuming you haven't and that's what the glue was for

awesome to know. i would love to find the little T shaped pins that hold it in place. i'm assuming you haven't and that's what the glue was for
I guess I need a close up photo? All 10 T shaped clips are in place, glue was mainly used on the dog house gasket, way cheaper than and correct vs. closed cell stick on foam tape. Also to keep the bottom gas tank pads in place.

John John John :) So, I would like to plan a lunch date with you when I finish my cummins fj40 project to discuss my 61' restoration. I need to pick the ole "Yota's" brain a bit to make sure I do this project justice :) You can call me grasshopper to if it suits your fancy :) Your cruiser is looking great! Oh... And my check is in the mail as of tomorrow for those parts we discussed (Thanks again)....

Love that front pic with bling bling! Your making some serieus progress.

...via IH8MUD app
Glad you folk's like it, BTW the chroming of each one of those horizontal bars was $100.00 each! so they better Bling. Glass installed in windshield frame, now wrestling the vent flap and vacuum wiper routing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom