Yet another Vent Window Question (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you want left and right or just one side?
I assume you would like me to ship them you you.

Do you want left and right or just one side?
I assume you would like me to ship them you you.

Coming out to Cruise Moab by chance? I could snag them then.

Kurt-

Do you still need any of the Furman samples? I bought a set years ago and had enough for another complete install that I'm saving in case I paint this thing in the next 40 years...

I may take you up on that. Lemme sort through samples this week and see what I have and where... I'll keep you posted.

Bump. Things are progressing nicely. The most viable manufacture has the samples in hand and is working with their engineering team to update blueprints and quote a manufacturing run. Fingers crossed we can make it work for one-piece units for both window sizes.

Late to the party on this one but.........I'd be in for two 16" sets and one 17" set

Thanks to Steve and Kurt for getting things this far :beer:

Thanks for chiming in!

Any updates?

Any updates?

Yes, we have some rough pricing metrics back, obviously the higher quantity means a lower price but I don't think we can move 1000 sets :D

More on that later.

ctcv1984 is still in for 2 sets.

10-4, I have your sizes right?

I am in for a set of each.

10-4

Hey Kurt...great project. I'm in for either 3 or 4 sets....I'll check the shop and take some measurements.

Please do!

Update: This project is still alive and well. As many of you know I have been traveling with the Expeditions7 team the last few years which means I have been out of the office for nearly 6 months this last few years. Add to that the fact the business has been really busy and growing (great thing) but means some projects had to go on the back burner. That said I've been in regular contact with the manufacture and I've been waiting on them more then they have been waiting on me. Now that I'm back in town for a decent spell, I'm excited to really buckle down on this project :cool:

I would like a set also, I've been watching this thread and am excited to see someone tackle this project. I would love to see my bug catchers in use on my 65.

I would like a set also, I've been watching this thread and am excited to see someone tackle this project. I would love to see my bug catchers in use on my 65.

Which size?

Long overdue update. Between me being out for several months with Expeditions7 and a busy year in the shop, I've been doing my best to stay up to speed with the different folks quoting this project. I've honed in on one manufacture and they are excited to build them however this comes at a great cost. They are willing to do both the short and tall as complete gaskets, however as you can imagine that means two completely unique molds. Cost per set is reasonable however we need to commit to150 of each sets (300 total between tall & short) for them to proceed with the project. Now, if I could reasonably pre-sell even 1/3 of those I would be willing to make it happen however I'm not so sure there are 50 sets of each needed in the market? My break-even point on the gaskets would likely be in the 75 set (of each size so 150 sets total) and I don't know that the return is there? Thoughts?

Have you thought about asking Specter and others if they would want to stock these. The people who need them and do not lurk in Mud may very well find the vendors.

Have you thought about asking Specter and others if they would want to stock these. The people who need them and do not lurk in Mud may very well find the vendors.

Do a Kickstarter campaign for each size?

The capitol outlay isn't the hangup rather the fact that there isn't a really good chance of ROI in the next 2-3 years on it, i.e. I would be better off investing in other parts that will move faster. I know we'll sell ~50 of each set pretty quickly but then I think it will be 20-30 per year after that? I could be totally off but I'm basing my numbers off of what Robert F sold (4 piece stuff) as well as response here. The manufacture of the w/s tells me they generally like to see more like a 12 month sell through on a first run, they will hold the first half and send it after 6 months to share investment. They laughed when I told them I want 50 now and 50 in a year :D

I have not and I need to reach out to Specter, TLC Van Nuys, and many others before I make any decision. If I could get each of them to commit at the 10/set level we could easily see this through :cool:

I contacted Specter when I made the first run of the horizontal bi-folds. They were not jnterested in taking my excess stock. Then they contacted me 6 months or so ago out of the blue about the bi fold parts and said they'd be interested if I could get the verticals as well. Unfortunately I cannot find a foam extender willing to take on the vertical seal project...

Would be neat if someone could put together a single weatherstrip/seal kit for the entire early 40 body....

Mr kurt, im from australia and would like a set or two. There is a few early bugcatcher fj40/45s geting around down here, would be nice for more of us aussies to pipe up with plenty of orders

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom