Do you own the Q Maxx MF1050 or MV50? read this! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the Qmaxx MF1050 and the plastic coiled hose that came with it broke. The hose connector on the pump is not a common connector and the thread pattern of the nipple is also uncommon. Many people all over the net have modded their pump by tapping out the hole to a 1/4 npt to fit a common pneumatic nipple.

I spent a good deal of time and money today doing this. Long story short, I may have ruined my pump. I was looking on the Qindustries web site for replacement parts and found this:

http://www.qindustries-store.net/product_p/af-type-m-50.htm

It would have been so much easier replacing the part with the M male connector than tapping the D*#$ thing out. Just sayin....

Wow thanks for the post! My pump has been sitting for a while with a broken hose, just looked at it this morning thinking I best fix that.
You just saved me a bunch of time and possible head ache! Thanks! By the way I've had my pump for about 5 years and it's worked great, less the now broken hose.

If just one person was saved the hassle, I consider my job done.:D

By the way, if you ever need tap and dies, don't waste your time going to Lowe's, they don't carry them any more. Both of the salesmen there told me to go Harbor Freight, which was my second stop anyway. I needed to stop by and get my free gift.:clap:

I don't know. The hose that comes with those things is s*** anyway. I changed mine out from the get-go, so that I could use a decent hose with standard fittings. To each his own. :)

Spotcruiser.

I am not sure I understand your post. The sole reason I posted the link was to let people know a standard pneumatic connector was available from the manufacture. That way you can hook up a regular air hose.

Sorry, I didn't look at the part you linked, but assumed it was the same crap that came with the compressor in the first place.

Spotcruiser.

I am not sure I understand your post. The sole reason I posted the link was to let people know a standard pneumatic connector was available from the manufacture. That way you can hook up a regular air hose.

What other modifications have you made to the compressor? I just bought one today and will purchase the adapter. Any other suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom