Post pics of your FJ40 with Vortec motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I'm currently having a 40 built with a Vortec motor and wanted to see your rigs with the motor transplant. I'm trying to get ideas on how to keep the engine bay (wiring harness/ECM) as clean as possible and wanted to see how yours looks. Thanks

1996 5.7L Vortec. I just modified the stock Chevy harness to suit (pulled out unnecessary stuff like auto tranny wiring and added Land Cruiser stuff like lights and horn, as appropriate).

engine-2-jpg.743326

Very cool, still love that custom fan shroud you built! I ended up going with a Ron Davis radiator with electric fans and shroud.

Keep the pics coming....

...via IH8MUD app

IMG_3785.jpg
Vortec 5.3L donated from a 2002 Silverado Extended Cab Truck. All work completed by Bsquared (MUD member). But all mine now....muuahhhhhhh!

I run a GM 350 Ram Jet engine and it is nothing less than phenominal. It has Vortec heads but not a 'Vortec' motor. Anyone running the Ram Jet and have a comparison to the Vortec motor as far as performance?

I'd be interested in this as well. I assume the performance would be comparable but the gas mileage would be better with the Vortec?

...via IH8MUD app

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom