2H glow plug troubleshooting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all

I have just put new plugs in about 4 weeks ago, no real issues.
Now the car is hard to start on cold mornings. The Dash lamp only stays on for a second or two, even when its freezing.

I have let the engine cool, and I took the water temp sensor off and turned the key and the map stayed on for a much longer period giving me a good start.
My question is, is the water temp sensor stuffed? is the relay stuffed? or the timer.

Need the manual and multimeter to check through the system. If the sensor is stuffed the Superglow system will not work.
Can you hear the relay operating? Need to put the multimeter on all parts.
The dash light will still come on even if the rest of the system is not working properly.
Also did you install the correct glow plugs?

Im sure the right glow plugs are in, The relay on the firewall clicks on and off, so does the one behind the glovebox. I have no idea how to test it all, where is the next step after the battery browndog? Thanks again for your help previously.

Have you consulted your FSM?

And is this a 12V HJ60 or what? (I haven't a clue!)
2HSuperGlowPreheatCheck1_NEW.jpg

2HSuperGlowPreheatCheck2_NEW.jpg

2HSuperGlowPreheatCheck3_NEW.jpg

2HSuperGlowPreheatCheck4_NEW.jpg

2HSuperGlowPreheatCheck5_NEW.jpg

:beer:

Thanks very much lostmarbles. That is some terrific information. Ill go over it in those step with MM. Thanks again for taking the time to do that.

Thanks very much lostmarbles. That is some terrific information. Ill go over it in those step with MM. Thanks again for taking the time to do that.

Ok.

Seems that there is a problem with a post that bridges the current sensor and the buss bar. Sparks to say the least.
May I ask someone for a detailed image of this post, and how it is insulated. I have bought a new bridging strap, and insulators. This part of the system is smashed, and I cant make much sense of it.

I believe this is just a bridging post, and the zinc alum must not touch the threaded post, I would much appreciate picture of one in good working order.

This in particular

image-1981658203.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom