new pig owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MINI TRUCK PS

still looking for help on this conversion

Pretty simple, although parts sourcing may prove a challenge.

Need a mini truck PS box, which I might be able to help with, seeing as I sold one and buyer wishes to return.

Need the 55 specific pedestal that's currently not in stock, so don't jump into a JT kit because the don't have them either.

Georg at Valley Hybrids has a production run ordered, so will have before long.

No modifications to the frame, the big plus, is as close to OE 55 steering possible and most claim sufficient for DD duties with 33s or smaller tires. Requires no modifications to steering links and a bolt on affair.

Honestly, unless a superb 55 with future resto potential, I would suggest considering the 60 series power steering to possibly coincide with 60 outer axle upgrades, if not the complete 60 series axle swap.

...via IH8MUD app

Need a mini truck PS box, which I might be able to help with, seeing as I sold one and buyer wishes to return.

Need the 55 specific pedestal that's currently not in stock, so don't jump into a JT kit because the don't have them either.

No modifications to the frame, the big plus, is as close to OE 55 steering possible and most claim sufficient for DD duties with 33s or smaller tires. Requires no modifications to steering links and a bolt on affair.

Honestly, unless a superb 55 with future resto potential, I would suggest considering the 60 series power steering to possibly coincide with 60 outer axle upgrades, if not the complete 60 series axle swap.

Thanks for the info

Actually I have both the mini and the 60 box on hand. I have added ps to several fj 40s. Have the Saginaw on my 75 but with 4 and 1/2 turn the drag was so light that I went to a 13" steering wheel so prefer the mini box. I will check back with Georg. Thanks again. Bill

...via IH8MUD app

Thanks delancy
I have both a 60 and a mini box on hand so will probably wait for georg to get a pedestal in stock. I have converted 40s with saginaws and minis. My 75 has a 4 1/4 turn sag and the drag was so light I went with a 13" steering wheel.

Based on input from those with OE and mini truck PS, that are essentially the same, effort is greatly reduced, but still not a light feel to the wheel, which sounds perfect, to me.

...via IH8MUD app

...via IH8MUD app
Would be interested in doing this type of power steering swap. .

...via IH8MUD app

I'm pleased with my mini-truck ps swap, even now that I'm up to 33s. Just the right amount of assist and road feel. I also swapped my steering wheel for a smaller mini truck wheel to gain a little leg room. It all works together well.

I'm pleased with my mini-truck ps swap, even now that I'm up to 33s. Just the right amount of assist and road feel. I also swapped my steering wheel for a smaller mini truck wheel to gain a little leg room. It all works together well.

Thanks. Good to hear. I have 33s but with a 4 1/4 turn Saginaw box on my 40. I swapped my stock steering wheel for a 13" for more drag. It is perfect now and great for those sharp turns through the rocks. Will probably go with a mini wheel on the 55 for the reduced size and tilt.

riderjgs. What pump did you use? I have a new Saginaw pump but was wondering if an fj60 would work.
Thanks. Good to hear. I have 33s but with a 4 1/4 turn Saginaw box on my 40. I swapped my stock steering wheel for a 13" for more drag. It is perfect now and great for those sharp turns through the rocks. Will probably go with a mini wheel on the 55 for the reduced size and tilt.

exterior locks

Are 55 locks different? No key will go all the way in any the 4 exterior locks. Sent the passenger lock to Kurt. They ran the number and cut the key but it will not go all the way in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom