Finding used LX570's cheaper than Land Cruiser 200's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

First post on the forum. About 3 weeks ago I began searching for a used Land Cruiser 200. In my area, I've noticed a couple of LX570's that are slightly cheaper than LC's of the same year and mileage.

This leads me to a few questions. Right of the bat, the only weak link that I can think of on the LX is the air suspension. I would change it out with a 3 inch lift. Does anyone here have a LX570 that have done this mod with ease?

Also what other things on a LX I should watch out for modding wise? Is it even worth turning it into a trail rig? I'm surprised these vehicles are depreciating faster than a regular LC.

Here in Ohio there seems to be a lot more used LXs for sale than Land Cruisers. They just lowered the price on a certified 2011 LX with 28k miles down the street from my office by $5k. $30k off the price of a new one - starting to sound like a deal.

There will be more LX's for sale everywhere, there are more than 2x as many on the streets. You may be able to find a deal just because there are more for sale. Plus the LX luxury crowd who is also looking at BMW's, Porsches, Mercedes, etc may think that 70-80k on a vehicle is too high. Little do they know....

just picked up a certified 2013 LX and got a heck of a deal. They took $12k off the price they had been asking and I was able to buy the extended warranty (6 years, 125k) for a good deal as well . My old 100 is off to a new owner. Awesome weekend :)

just picked up a certified 2013 LX and got a heck of a deal. They took $12k off the price they had been asking and I was able to buy the extended warranty (6 years, 125k) for a good deal as well . My old 100 is off to a new owner. Awesome weekend :)

Congrats on your purchase. I'm also looking to replace my hundy with 200. Hopefully soon.

What are your plans for it? Pics?

Not sure one can plan too much with the LX given the AHC limitation. I love the 2013+ LXs. Awesome updates with the L spindle front end.

image.jpg
View attachment 881380 Not too much in the way of plans right now other than a second set of wheels with Mud Terrains. Mostly just looking to rack up some miles.

Going from my 100 to the LX has been a bit jarring but I'm getting used to it. Kind of feels like a mall cruiser over the top of all that imbedded capability. I am reminded of when I transitioned from my 60 to my brand new 100 in 1998 (has it really been 16 years?). Big V8, power windows and seats, leather, sun roof, heated seats, auto transmission, full time 4wd, CD player, aluminum wheels, fuel injection, IFS? Can't be a real truck could it? Same feeling I have now. This too shall pass.

Good looking LX. Congrats.

Going from my 100 to the LX has been a bit jarring but I'm getting used to it. Kind of feels like a mall cruiser over the top of all that imbedded capability. I am reminded of when I transitioned from my 60 to my brand new 100 in 1998 (has it really been 16 years?). Big V8, power windows and seats, leather, sun roof, heated seats, auto transmission, full time 4wd, CD player, aluminum wheels, fuel injection, IFS? Can't be a real truck could it? Same feeling I have now. This too shall pass.

Went through the same thing a year ago. Then I took it off road and saw what it was capable of. Never looked back. The only thing I don't like is that I am now concerned with banging body panels. I wasn't in the 100. But I have the 40 for "those" trails.

...via IH8MUD app

1st world probs

just like how i would highly dislike driving my precious 200 on salted roads. been on biz trips to NJ and PA and NYC... horrible. white dust everywhere on every car.

One big difference between the LC and LX is towing capacity, crucial for me with my 7500 lb. travel trailer. If I recall now, my 2009 LC is rated at 8500 lbs. and the same year LX at 7200.

After owning the new LX for a month, what are your impressions? I'm considering getting a new or lightly used LC or LX as a daily driver. I did a 10 minute test drive in a 2013 LC and it was a little boring. Actually alot boring. I know its not fair to make an assessment based on a 10 minute test drive so I would love to hear your impressions.

What data points make you think the lx is going to be magically diff than the lc it is based on let alone timeframe? Smh

Boring? My belief is every car is boring (well, the new ISF is pretty cool). It's more what you can do with it and the adventures you have with it. The LC should fit that just fine.

After a month a like the LX. Nicer interior that the LC. I could do without AHC for my uses but I will take it anyways.

Boring? My belief is every car is boring (well, the new ISF is pretty cool). It's more what you can do with it and the adventures you have with it. The LC should fit that just fine.

After a month a like the LX. Nicer interior that the LC. I could do without AHC for my uses but I will take it anyways.

Sorry didn't mean to call your truck boring. You mentioned it felt like a mall cruiser after owning it for only a short while so I assumed you had the same first impression as I did. Just wondering if it was growing on you over time. Congrats on your new truck!

No issues chrisratz. It still feels like a mall cruiser, until I take it off road. Even with the stock 20s it does extremely well in sand and rocks. Any kind of deep mud would be better served with dedicated tires but we don't have a lot of that where I drive. Took it out to Death Valley for a shakedown run and I can definitely say that the stock tires don't cut it on the primitive roads in some areas of the park. Plenty of traction and the truck did a great job. But a 10 ply, load range E tire would have cut down on the flats

All in all, I love the truck and expect it to last me as long as my old Land Cruiser. 16 years of reliable service shouldn't be too much to ask from it, should it?

No issues chrisratz. It still feels like a mall cruiser, until I take it off road. Even with the stock 20s it does extremely well in sand and rocks. Any kind of deep mud would be better served with dedicated tires but we don't have a lot of that where I drive. Took it out to Death Valley for a shakedown run and I can definitely say that the stock tires don't cut it on the primitive roads in some areas of the park. Plenty of traction and the truck did a great job. But a 10 ply, load range E tire would have cut down on the flats

All in all, I love the truck and expect it to last me as long as my old Land Cruiser. 16 years of reliable service shouldn't be too much to ask from it, should it?

Ok good to hear. The air conditioned seats, levinson sound, etc will make for a very different driving experience. But with some determination and a positive attitude I'm sure I can learn to live with it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom