4 door fj40 body on 80 frame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i am told this new all aluminum body by

http://www.aqualu.com/

is made to mount to fzj80 frames.

pretty cool, once its all done. anyone have any experience with their bodys?

securedownload.jpg

I want one!

Okay, checked out their website and now I hate you for posting this because I could have built my dream cruiser for what I have spent on mine now lol

if had one, my dream build would be a turbo 3.4, auto, toy case, 80 axles with 80 rear third up front inside diamond housings. of course 4 link with kings all the way around, lol.

After browsing the site I don't see any option that would directly fit an 80 drive train. With my quick google search the 80 has a 112" wheel base. The Aqualu 4 door Land Cruiser bodies have either a 120" or 130" wheel base. So looks to me like some frame/drive train modification would be necessary.

It would be cool to see one of these done with all Toyota parts though. I know Icon does these and I believe they register them as old 40 series but I think the only Toyota part on them is the Vin...

After browsing the site I don't see any option that would directly fit an 80 drive train. With my quick google search the 80 has a 112" wheel base. The Aqualu 4 door Land Cruiser bodies have either a 120" or 130" wheel base. So looks to me like some frame/drive train modification would be necessary.

this body isnt on their website. the website has different models. afaik

WOW... Thats awesome!

Time for me to add that to my "if I win the lottery" list!

I know a few folks that have spoken to Aqualu about making an extended FJ40 body to fit the 80 frame. I have an 80 that is in need of a new body waiting around for this very project.

The body in the pic posted above is my body. we took delivery today from moab. the body does mount up directly to an 80 frame. we have been working with aqualu since last year on this project. while i know this build isnt for the purist it's one i have wanted to do for about 5 years now. we already have some video and write ups done but until now havent had much to show or write about. not sure what axels im gonna run as of yet. we have a couple companies that we are lookin at. i have thought hard about running the stock 80 units but im not sure they will handle the hp we are putting out or the 40" tires we are gonna run. while my build is gonna be getting custom 4 link front and rear and coilovers, todd at aqualu is building a more tame version using all stock running gear. we also have the option of bobbing the rear and cleaning up the departure angle. the wheelbase is set up for the 80 series 112" my build will be a little longer, around 120" feel free to message me or ask for the link to where we will be posting all the updates. we also have 3 confirmed articles coming out. the first will be in tct magazine in july. i believe they have already started talkin about it

Delancy im not sure why youre sending me that link?? it means nothing to me as i said the body in the pic is mine. in fact the body in the video on their page is mine. the video has been posted for sometime now. regardless the body is now here at the shop and ready to fit on the chassis.

sub'd, very cool, would be an awesome build just using a stock fzj80, I wonder how difficult a process it is to simply swap in the new body and run it? hopefully they will post up a how to thread for their kit once they develop it.....

Wow! Awesome. Can't wait to see it being built! Take lots of pics!!

We got the body mounted up yesterday. Aside from having to slightly open a hole or two it fit perfect. body takes up the entire frame. no frame sticking out in front like a 40. I am just amazed how strong these bodies are and how well built. Now we get started removing un needed frame brackets.

Post up some photos asap! This is very interesting to a bunch of us...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom