Clutch push rod leaking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
The push rod for the clutch pedal is leaking inside the cab. I think I would need to replace what the manual calls the push rod boot (the gasket that surrounds the push rod). Am I right or is the problem more complex and requires to change the whole clutch master Cylinder?
Thanks for the help,
Richard

Need to change the Master. Indicates the seals are leaking internally. You could maybe get a rebuild kit for it or just get new-BMA Autoparts sells OEM Aisin hydraulics(new name for their product line is Advics)

get a new hose too!!! SOR has a nice stainless steel one for about 30$ shipped

There is a little copper gasket that seals the connection between the clutch hose and the slave cylinder. You need to buy that separately (31481E), as it doesn't come with the slave cylinder.

In addition, you might very well find that the clutch fork boot near the slave cylinder is torn too. Now is a good time to replace it. Part # is 31126-60021.

I got aftermarket clutch master and slave cylinders from Cruiser Corps and they work very well. My experience is that these aftermarket parts last about as long as Toyota OEM (approximately 10 years or so).

SOR's hose comes with all the clips and copper gasket you need, fyi.

And replace the slave cylinder at the same time, preferably both with OEM Toyota parts. I have had recent bad luck with what I previously considered a good supplier other than Toyota.
Forgot the slave, sorry---and the hose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom