Builds 1988 BJ73 slow build... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Curious if anyone has suggestions with replacement bulbs for the front headlights. One of mine is out and debating on buying the same as what I pulled out, or changing both. Will any LED bulbs work or plug into the current light housing? I haven't had much time to research this, been swamped with the fire academy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In other news, the Cruiser has been running great...knock on wood....Have a few rust bubbles I really need to take care of on the windshield and a bit on the one wheel well. Ran into a couple guys with fj40s around town. They've never seen a 70 series before, let alone a diesel Land Cruiser.

cheers.

Nigel, Move this request to the "Lighting" section. You may get more appropriate information there.

Glad I have a pyro. Nearly have me a heart attack.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1397418988.747157.jpg

Finally put the new shear pin in today. Snapped right away. Found a nail to stick in and it snapped as well. Apparently the portion where the differential connects to the winch is seized. The diff. portion will spin freely when in gear, so my only guess is it is within the actual winch; the wire will free spool without an issue as well. s***.

I didn't notice it jump up. The truck had been sitting at least for 4 hours so it had cooled down. It's fine now, probably just a crappy connection...now about that pto...going to have to figure that one out.

that's a rather STOUT pint, from this angle. Anxious to see what you think of the lights.

Looks great ! we need to start planning a 70s rally.. I will head south , if you head a little north.

Looks great ! we need to start planning a 70s rally.. I will head south , if you head a little north.
Georgia, SE regional or national event? Go big or go home......:bounce::bounce2:

That would put everyone in Southern Georgia. Right in my neck of the woods. :)

Was a bitter stout from Coronado Brewery, very good.

In typical fed-ex fashion, the bulbs were not delivered yesterday so waiting today. Tapage was kind enough to refer me to these which I really wanted, http://shop.metrictlc.com/E-Vision-LED-Headlights-EV-H.htm, but funds would not allow it....maybe in a year or two.

Thanks Wardharris....can't beat beer, cruisers and a good book.

I'm game yeti, but for me it will have to be in a few months, slammed with class and have a wedding up in Buffalo right after. I say we all raid Charles lawn and crash there with tents; I've seen that he has waterfront property as well! ;)

I'm game yeti, but for me it will have to be in a few months, slammed with class and have a wedding up in Buffalo right after. I say we all raid Charles lawn and crash there with tents; I've seen that he has waterfront property as well! ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My gator (Wally) would love to see a bunch of tents near the water. I guess I could keep the Cruiser from the first victim. With that in mind, would everyone please bring their titles. :)

I don't know Charles, gator is pretty bloody good. That would solve the problem of what we would be putting on the grille as we become squatters!

The local district attorney lives across the lake so we will have to be discrete. :)

Invite him too.

You could use it to practice vehicle recovery. Push it in the lake and take turns pulling it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom