Help on roadie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for all the input guys. My app just started working today so a little late to the conversation.

ILOVEMUD

Build ur own... Best way to get what u want. I built one around a 1953 model Schwinn frame. 8speed internal hub and brake.. Internal brake on the front also. Double wall mt. Bike rims heavy spokes.. Bent seat post stolen crank set.... It's got sweet styling.. And you can ride it on or off road... Wish I could still ride it

^This! Steel, Ti and Carbon are all still very legitimate building materials. People who say that one is "better" than another typically don't know what the heck they are talking about or are just regurgitating marketing hype. All three materials can be built into frames of the same weight, All three can be sufficiently stiff for just about any rider. Mid level components are typically more reliable than high end.

Not to disagree, the first place to start is fit. But after you put a few thousand miles - maybe even tens of thousands of miles - on a frame, you get a "feel" for which type of material you like best. Each have their own ride characteristics, and even within a specific material, how a frame set is made contributes to that "feel".

Since you're just getting back into riding, get something you can put some miles on and not feel bad about selling a few months later or at the end of the season.

2015 bikes are all ready to come out and alot of the dealers that carry major manufactures have 2013 product still in stock. Some really good deals are coming up soon.

Agreed.... I was at my LBS this weekend getting my chain replaced (mine was only 3yrs old and only dropped 4 times in that mornings 3hr ride) and they had a 2012 Giant Anthem X 29er 1 for sale for $1500. So the deals are out there if you are looking for something new and best thing you can do is build a relationship with your LBS, spend money with them, chat with them, participate in any of their events and you will gain some perks. Mine gives me the team discount (10% off anything over $25) and has let me play with their tools and use demo bikes for free. When I built my mtb I had them do the assembly and take it in yearly for their "Spring Tune-up sale". While I can do all the stuff at home myself I would rather support the local business, build the relationship and have some fun talking with them while they are doing different stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom