1997 tacoma will not shift into first while running (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This happens after the truck as been driven for awhile.. almost like the clutch is not pushed in..Once good and warmed up it will no longer shift into first or second while at a stop?

Master and slave replaced...Flushed transmission also..

Thanks
Rob

No first or second but it will shift into 3-5? That sounds more like a Trans issue then a clutch issue. And it works fine when cold? How are shifts into the other 3 gears when warm? Maybe syncros are worn and the heat is not letting them spin on the gears. How many miles you got on the tranny?

Very odd how this trans is working at the moment... When I stop....some times it is like the clutch is dragging with my foot on the clutch to the floor.. suddenly for now reason it will start shifting and disengage? In all gears it will not shift from dead stop, if I start it in any gear the car starts moving forward with clutch fully depressed..

Pretty sure its a clutch issue.

Have you tried adjusting the throw on the master?

Have you tried adjusting the throw on the master?

I did, again it works fine then suddenly it locks up and will not dissengage..

I know you said the slave was new but do you think the seals in the slave could be letting fluid by. For it to be intermittent it has to be fluid getting by and not letting the slave engage the fork fully. You see any leaks around the slave or master. Guess the seals could be bad in that too.

I wish that were the problem, checked it with someone in cab pushing clutch and trying to shift into gear, for sure its a faulty pressure plate or shot throw out bearing...

It suddenly makes a clunk and starts work, then without fail it stops working shortly after..

Yeah I think your gonna have to drop the trans. How old is the clutch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom