Chop top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
still more to do, but should be done buy the following weekend.

Thanks! Should have it finished this weekend.

stock window bolted in place.

will do.

made more progress this past weekend. should have it finished up next weekend.
built bed rails out of 2"x2" square tube and caped the ends w/ sheet metal.
got the rear seat belts re installed.
also did a little body filled on the welded area of the roof.
also got the bulkhead into its spot.

This 4 runner was sweet before and now with a chop top,even better.Really dig your setup.Nice work!
Thanks! Dig your build as well! Not much more to do. Need bump stops up front and re work the rear shocks. Should be good till the new baby gets here. Let me rephrase that. Has to be good till new baby gets here and probably the next year after.

Great work, I always wanted to do this on my old 4Runner. Though it would be really cool to make it able to roll up and down like it used to as well...
Thanks!!
Yeah.... I would have liked to do that, but that's way to much work w/ second get tailgate, etc. If this wasn't a super cheap budget mod (wife prego w/ 3rd kid) I would have tried the 3rd gen hatch. I've seen this mod on 3rd gens and the widow will roll about 3/4's down, but do to cutting the hatch for the fender wells it won't go all the way down.

Thanks!!
Yeah.... I would have liked to do that, but that's way to much work w/ second get tailgate, etc. If this wasn't a super cheap budget mod (wife prego w/ 3rd kid) I would have tried the 3rd gen hatch. I've seen this mod on 3rd gens and the widow will roll about 3/4's down, but do to cutting the hatch for the fender wells it won't go all the way down.
Ya I always figured as much cause of the wheel wells, still very cool. Congrats on the pending child :beer:

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom