Options for step sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure if they will make ones for an AHC EQUIPPED LC though (equivalent to the LX570).. Slee doesn't.

I'm in for MT ones as well.. that makes 4 of us.
I left mark a vm on Friday and never heard back. I will try again knowing we have 4 people interested. They should be excited so many people want their product and return some phone calls.

I left mark a vm on Friday and never heard back. I will try again knowing we have 4 people interested. They should be excited so many people want their product and return some phone calls.
Make that five people. I contacted them a while back and I am still interested.

I am also interested in the Metaltech one's!!! I contacted them about a year ago, they said they "may" produce more of them at some point...

Update: Unfortunately after another voicemail and speaking with a lady there telling her we had many people interested and she would pass all info over to Mark or LT I still got no response from anyone. Someone who can't return any phone calls is not someone I want to spend my money with. Looks like I will be going to Slee for my sliders.... which is probably a good thing based on others feedback.

Metaltech look pretty good. Being I just removed my s*** plastic running boards, id like to take a look at these also.

Last edited:
Metaltech look pretty good. Being I just removed my s*** plastic running boards, id like to take a look at these also.
Look at my update post... Metaltech is not interested in your business. Really only option is Slee's.

Look at my update post... Metaltech is not interested in your business. Really only option is Slee's.
Yeah I read, oh well. Im liking the nude look right now anyway. No big deal as im not in any rush to dump $$$ on sliders.

Good news I spoke to White Knuckle and they actually plan on having their first batch of sliders for the 200 in mid-June. Pricing will be slightly higher than the 100 series. Here is link for the 100 sliders which will be exact same design. Very similar to MetalTech if you liked that style. Anyone familiar with their work? http://white-knuckleoffroad.com/toyota100series.htm

Great! The kick-out on the rear can be helpful in protecting the rear quarter panel. If you have small kids (with small feet) or dogs that ride in the back seat, I'd consider plating the top of the slider or at least the kick-out section.

Last edited:
Good news I spoke to White Knuckle and they actually plan on having their first batch of sliders for the 200 in mid-June. Pricing will be slightly higher than the 100 series. Here is link for the 100 sliders which will be exact same design. Very similar to MetalTech if you liked that style. Anyone familiar with their work? http://white-knuckleoffroad.com/toyota100series.htm

Awesome,, am sure to buy one. Who did hou talk to over there? Need to confirm if they will also produce for AHC equipped trucks, as they previousl did on the 100 series.

Yes I would do the full diamond plate for the kids and wifey. I spoke to John and feel free to email him as he is going to keep me updated when they are ready. Did you have them on your 100? Like them?

I purchased my my Slee step sliders before WKOR had any available. I thought about buying another set from WKOR simply because he could customize a few details (i.e. custom mounts to accommodate body lift). I also wanted tube sliders (vs steps) for the added clearance.

The choice between the more typical tube/rock sliders and step sliders is a personal decision. One has slightly more clearance, the other has slightly lower step. IMO, the 200 and 100 have limited rocker panel clearance (mainly due to lift restrictions) and so I want all the clearance I can get. If the vehicle is used for mostly fire roads and touring, then I would recommend step sliders.... Slee in particular.

Anyway, there are many happy WKOR customers in the 100 section.

That black one looks familiar.

For those concerned about the way "they stick out"...I can tell you that this is a good thing when you are wheeling offroad. With this I would have dented the side a few times with those boulders that are odd shaped. They seem to catch rocks / boulders just at the right point. Oh, and a concrete bridge barrier the last time I texted and drove. (As in I won't be doing that again)- save the entire side of my truck but scuffed the slider.

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD Forum

The point of sliders is to offer structural and body protection. I can tell you for absolute sure that the Slee sliders stick out only just enough to prevent panel damage from banks etc. Any less and you will regret it. Besides the Slees are great protection from the carparking deviants who LCs attract and who seem compelled to wallop your panels with their car doors and shopping trolleys.

The LC is a heavy brute and likes to get 'jiggy wid it' on the greasy stuff and sliding around into trees and rocks is no fun without some decent protection. Also, although I cannot speak to the MT slider which does look pretty sound, I doubt the others offer anywhere near the solidity that the Slees offer. You can jack the cruiser up off the Slees with no worries. Doubt you would want to try that with the TJMs or ARBs. One of the reasons for this is that the ARBs and TJMs employ crush can mounts for airbag compliance whereas the Slees are a solid mount. What's the point of installing a slider you cant slide on with confidence?

Some owners fret about the possible loss of insurance and others have suggested that solid mounts increase the liklihood of an unwated airbag deployment from a soft impact. I say bollocks. If anything the Slees prevent damage from minor knocks and any lateral blow that would set off your airbags is going to come through you door anyway.

While on the trail you should always think about when its appropriate to disable your SRS system (hold button for 3 seconds) so taking a good whack on the slider wont be an issue. (The air bags are designed to deploy at a certain rollover pitch thats less than the point of no return)

Last edited:
Just noticed that the WKOR sliders are attached to the frame by U bolts.
Is it the same with those by MT?

No, they MT are not attached by Ubolts. They are bolted directly to the frame in the same manner as Slee sliders are.

Thanks. I definitely wouldn't be interested in any slider held in place by u bolts.
I'm curious why you are against U-bolts. What method do you prefer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom