What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpeg
My "non-60" lol.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

and i did NOT leave empty handed :flipoff2:

.....a mad max inspired land cruiser enthusiast:steer:

Pulled the wiper motor and wiper arm assembly and greased all pivot points. Then cleaned out 27 years of crap that was piled up in there.

Did this help your motor at all? Mine is lagging hard. On a dry window it won't even really rotate the wipers...

Did this help your motor at all? Mine is lagging hard. On a dry window it won't even really rotate the wipers...

On mine the nylon bushing turned to dust so I built new linkage out of mild steel rod and heim ends.

20150516_144110.jpg
20150516_144105.jpg
20150516_144054.jpg
20150516_144019.jpg

If I do it again I'll likely use a regular heim on the passenger wiper.

I was thinking of doing the same thing...Great minds think alike!

I was planning on a through bolt to connect the double center section.

Good work.

Re-installed the gas tank that I sealed with KBS tank sealer (was rusted up pretty bad on the inside). Checked and properly routed a few vacuum lines. Installed smitty built roof rack and ....

DROVE IT FOR THE FIRST TIME!

Ran okay but didn't have a idle, then dieseled when i shut it off. Replaced the old plugs and ordered a new fan/ps belt then ran out of time to do any more work (plus waiting on the belt to get in)

Just picked it up a couple weeks ago and it did not run at the time.

Removed the old busted radiator and mounted up the new one. I had a REALLY hard time removing and putting back the two lower bolts on the passenger side... just couldn't get my hands behind the a/c condenser. Even with it unbolted. Had to get some hired help :princess: to get em. Bought a grinder and cut the fan shroud thanks to all the great advice on this forum. I'll need to do the water pump eventually, so hopefully that saved at least one headache down the road.

I also spent nearly just as much time cleaning/degreasing all the parts that were removed and the area underneath and behind the radiator as I did with the removal/mount.

Gonna button her up tomorrow and take her for the first drive in about a month.

IMG_5761.JPG

Last edited:
Removed the old busted radiator and mounted up the new one. I had a REALLY hard time removing and putting back the two lower bolts on the passenger side... just couldn't get my hands behind the a/c condenser. Even with it unbolted. Had to get some hired help :)princess:) to get em. Bought a grinder and cut the fan shroud thanks to all the great advice on this forum. I'll need to do the water pump eventually, so hopefully that saved at least one headache down the road.

I also spent nearly just as much time cleaning/degreasing all the parts that were removed and the area underneath and behind the radiator.

Gonna button her up tomorrow and take her for the first drive in about a month.

View attachment 1330762

Good looking helper to boot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom