How to install apron emblem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

airon23

SILVER Star
Threads
This may be a dumb question, but I just bought these new OEM side apron emblems to put on the FJ40, I'm not exactly sure how. Or maybe I am but am just worried to break the emblem. Do I need to widen the wholes so that these little black grommets will fit in there? The previous OEM ones had some metal grommets holding the emblems in but broke off; but those were quite a bit thinner.

I think the solution is probably drill baby drill but I just wanted to make sure before I did it.

1001160935.jpg

1001160936.jpg

After further investigation, I think you're right Racer. Now I feel dumb!:(:bang:

That being said if I were to drill the holes slightly larger that should do the trick wouldn't it?

I strongly recommend you exchange the part instead of drilling holes into the body. It's better to have no emblem!

Last edited:
Can't remember but for the POST 81 emblem don't you need the springclips? Or is dat only for the diesel emblem so not applicable for you at all?o_O

those black things look like nuts or clips are you sure those don't come off? otherwise I would exchange and not drill. The ones you need exist and they will fit. If you start drilling you run the risk of making it unfixable

Mine were plastic and the little tits broke off. I got some 3M body moulding double sided tape and used that. You can't tell by looking how they are attached. My rig is absolutely not a show truck.
002.JPG

Thanks for the help guys. I did decide to return them and get the ones that fit. I think there was a date somewhere I saw in the description for these that led me to believe that they fit, but I've now learned otherwise.

I'm sure the 3M application should work well too it looks good. Since mine were brand new with 14 day return anyway I figured I should just send them back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom