Builds A fabricators 80 build.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hopefully I don't ruin it going with the cast grey. I put this finish on with a spray gun. And the cast grey will be rattle. The texture kit came with its own gun. If any body wants I can give the details on that. Hopefully this inspires others to try finishing their own bumpers. As I did this in my driveway and while I'm a decent fabricator I'm not a painter.lol

Looks incredible!! The first couple dings will be painful but once you get it beat up a bit and it proves to save your truck a few times, you'll learn to appreciate the character.

Looks incredible!! The first couple dings will be painful but once you get it beat up a bit and it proves to save your truck a few times, you'll learn to appreciate the character.

Thanks! And that's why I threw it on the ground last night before I put it on and scratched it up. lol. first bumper I dropped, whatever..., of course it was after paint but at least this ones mine. I'll touch it up. that's the beauty of paint. And it may be pretty, but its built for use.

Have you given any thought to making just a ladder similar to the GOBI? I like your steps! I like the whole thing!

I realize not everyone is in the market for expensive handmade custom bumpers. So yes I will be offering more cost effective versions and smaller items asap. Ladders if you want ,light mounts, interior rotopax mount for the 1 gallon water coming soon!. as many things as I can if I'm going to be able to maintain full time status. I need filler work between bumpers and to keep my sanity. I get bored with repetition and need new challenges. so pm me or post in my vendor thread if you have an idea or want something custom for 80's , 60's or non vehicle related even.

Thanks as always for the kind words and support.

Rich

I realize not everyone is in the market for expensive handmade custom bumpers. So yes I will be offering more cost effective versions and smaller items asap. Ladders if you want ,light mounts, interior rotopax mount for the 1 gallon water coming soon!. as many things as I can if I'm going to be able to maintain full time status. I need filler work between bumpers and to keep my sanity. I get bored with repetition and need new challenges. so pm me or post in my vendor thread if you have an idea or want something custom for 80's , 60's or non vehicle related even.

Thanks as always for the kind words and support.

Rich

There's a trade off between cost efficiency, and trade artistry. Although that initial price is a bit of a pill, it's not unreasonable. I'd rather have a little sticker shock than the bitter taste of buyers remorse on a poorly built piece of equipment. Besides, if you were mass producing them, guys like me would be asking for discounts and haggling. Being able to watch your work evolve, your attention to detail, and your commitment to both family and quality is why you are getting my business.

There's a trade off between cost efficiency, and trade artistry. Although that initial price is a bit of a pill, it's not unreasonable. I'd rather have a little sticker shock than the bitter taste of buyers remorse on a poorly built piece of equipment. Besides, if you were mass producing them, guys like me would be asking for discounts and haggling. Being able to watch your work evolve, your attention to detail, and your commitment to both family and quality is why you are getting my business.

That's much appreciated!
Thank you.

Last edited:
It was pouring rain today. So I did some cleaning and a little design work.I was asked to make a raffle item for the yankee toys fall gathering. This is what I came up with over coffee. This will be in my offerings as well. No tools or fastners. Slides together and stores flat at 1-1/4" high x 24L x 14W. Opens to a generous 24 x 24 x 10 high.
IMG_20160919_155429.jpg

Sick of intermittent and slow locker engagement! And now no engagement. Starting the air cylinder actuation conversion now! Gotta get this done before the yankee toys fall gathering. Hopefully I can source a cylinder tomorrow locally. I'll post up pics when it's together just tearing into it now. I'll be powering it with an arb compressor and air locker kit I have left over from another truck.
20160929_200312.jpg

Without digging back, are those FJC wheels you have on there? With that color you chose they look great for stock steelies!

It was pouring rain today. So I did some cleaning and a little design work.I was asked to make a raffle item for the yankee toys fall gathering. This is what I came up with over coffee. This will be in my offerings as well. No tools or fastners. Slides together and stores flat at 1-1/4" high x 24L x 14W. Opens to a generous 24 x 24 x 10 high. View attachment 1324397

more info on this please! link to purchase?

Thanks and yes they are FJC steelies. I really like them.
Are you running a spacer with those? Looks like you might be. I'm considering a lighter setup next time around, and going with these steelies and a lightweight rock ring, and down to 36x12.50 from 37x13.50. TIA!

Are you running a spacer with those? Looks like you might be. I'm considering a lighter setup next time around, and going with these steelies and a lightweight rock ring, and down to 36x12.50 from 37x13.50. TIA!

Yes you do need spacers. The offset on the fjc wheels pushes the tires in too far. I think they are 1" can't remember. I can check for ya.

I thought so. I wanted to stay away from spacers as I bought spydertrax spacers last year and got one rotation done with my tires before I had problems. Snapped two studs, had new lugnuts, and I only use hand tools on them. Kinda ticked about it, and spydertrax doesn't want to help, or exchange them. Pretty heated about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom