Starting a project on my 72 Toy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New at this. Lets see if I can make this work just for fun. Ill try a picture.
20150718_143932.jpg
ok lets see where this goes...will fix if not right next time.

where in MT did you find that? looks like it has many different year parts on it.

I've got lots of parts in Helena if needed.

also check in here: MT- 406 Cruisers and here: MT- Big Sky Cruisers

Well, I drove it out of the weeds and dropped off the snow plow...This rig has been a snow plow for about 8 years. Never got off the property. Kind of sad but she in for a make over, and pretty sure going to be looking for some parts. Looks like going to be looking for a drivers door or the window tracking when you roll up the windows it binds.

rusty side of tings.jpg

This side has all the rust problem. The sill is shot, will be cutting this out and replacing with some heavy angle iron I suppose.
I'll try to post some each day if I can keep up with working on it. Let me know if I'm not posting right....new at this.

Nice rig, looking forward to your build!

Josh

<<<<< Just found out how much these LC parts cost!!!...... (LOL)
Sand blasting rear drums tonight ...will post them tomorrow. Painting them with black POR 15

Here are the rear drums blasted and POR
I could use some opinions at this point. Plans are doing discs in the front from JT Outfitters, drums in rear with all new wheel cylinders.

Here are the rear drums blasted and POR
I could use some opinions at this point. Plans are doing discs in the front from JT Outfitters, drums in rear with all new wheel cylinders.

You can use the disc parts from a later 40, FJ60 or Mini truck on your existing axle housing. Depending on what you find, this could be a more economical way to get discs.

JT pretty reputable? I was going with all four but evaluated what I found out there sounds like just the fronts are the way to go.....the back can always be done later if needs to be.

there are different opinions on the JT setup you can search and find them.
I prefer upgrading using Toyota stuff. just my own opinion.

I've got all the stuff needed in Helena if interested. you can PM me.

I did the rear sill on my '68 with angle iron 31years ago; it is holding up fine. It was quick and dirty, and allowed me to get onto the steering and brakes right away. Never saw the need to revisit it. Then again, the '68 is strictly a trail rig. Roadworthy (been on at least two dozen 1k+ road trips) but still a trail rig.

I converted my '71 7 years and used JTO disc kit front and back and have never looked back very happy.

JT pretty reputable? I was going with all four but evaluated what I found out there sounds like just the fronts are the way to go.....the back can always be done later if needs to be.

I converted my '71 7 years and used JTO disc kit front and back and have never looked back very happy.
Hey can you post me a pic of the dual shocks? And maybe anything else that's cool? Thanks, 72 toy

Yes I will, but if I had to get new shocks I think I would get new hi tech single front shocks with more articulation. Actually they have served well over the years as I do not do crazy wheeling, I been over many High High and rugged Colorado mining and 4wd trails with no complaints. But now I just wonder what it would be like with some new 2" over OME suspension leafs and shocks. The duals and the ancient Man a Fre coil overloads on the back keep the original stock leaf springs up to snuff and I have no sag. Check the Mud forums under Gear/ Equipment heading, scroll to paint and body and see my pics on the "FJ40 garage paint job finally done thread."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom