GROM VLine - Google apps/Android&iPhone integration (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's unfortunate but I'm sure that they will fix all of that if they want to sell this product. After all, there is a pretty big market for these given all of the Toyota/Lexus vehicles out on the road.
It's possible that the unit needs a cooling fan and or cooling fins on the housing, especially if it's installed in an enclosed area. The heat it generates might explain the performance that you experienced.

Thanks for taking the initiative. It sounds frustrating. will the good people at GROM continue working the bugs out so you end up with a functional system, or will it be KMAGYOYO?

Any updates?

Sorry all for the delay in an update- but I had nothing new to report until yesterday. Luckily Grom reached out to me to see how things were going and scheduled a time for me to bring the GX in again to work out the "bugs". The good news is that they loaded a new beta version of their software which seems to have fixed all the issues I was experiencing previously. So far in 2 days the unit has worked as hoped/expected. CarPlay is great, and their A2DP Bluetooth streaming is also reliable and usable. Obviously the touch screen technology from 14 years ago is ancient now, but surprisingly it all still just works. Phone calls are clear, music sounds good and the iOS navigation looks great through CarPlay. Very happy finally!

Some pics:

IMG_0311.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG

IMG_0310.JPG

Sorry all for the delay in an update- but I had nothing new to report until yesterday. Luckily Grom reached out to me to see how things were going and scheduled a time for me to bring the GX in again to work out the "bugs". The good news is that they loaded a new beta version of their software which seems to have fixed all the issues I was experiencing previously. So far in 2 days the unit has worked as hoped/expected. CarPlay is great, and their A2DP Bluetooth streaming is also reliable and usable. Obviously the touch screen technology from 14 years ago is ancient now, but surprisingly it all still just works. Phone calls are clear, music sounds good and the iOS navigation looks great through CarPlay. Very happy finally!
Fantastic - have you spoken with them about when this might be available for purchase?

MOST EXCELLENT!

do you know if there will be a feature to integrate external A/V (like a backup camera)?

Thanks Again for letting us all know the good news, let's see how reliable this unit is. I'm ready!

i'm so perplexed that they told you it's not ready for market/sale yet they have it available on their website
Lexus Toyota 2006-2009 GROM VLine Infotainment System Upgrade Video Interface

i almost pulled the trigger in september when they were offering a $299 special on it.

so does yours have apple's carplay? looks like it's only android on the one they're selling. again, i'm confused by this. i really want carplay not android.

i'm so perplexed that they told you it's not ready for market/sale yet they have it available on their website
Lexus Toyota 2006-2009 GROM VLine Infotainment System Upgrade Video Interface

i almost pulled the trigger in september when they were offering a $299 special on it.

so does yours have apple's carplay? looks like it's only android on the one they're selling. again, i'm confused by this. i really want carplay not android.

If you look under the compatibility tab, the 100 series isn't compatible with the model you linked.

Does anyone know if there will be Sirius radio compatibility with these? I would really hate to have to have a separate sat radio when I already have it built in with my current setup.

If you look under the compatibility tab, the 100 series isn't compatible with the model you linked.

Does anyone know if there will be Sirius radio compatibility with these? I would really hate to have to have a separate sat radio when I already have it built in with my current setup.
no, but my GX is. that's what i am most interested in since we already have VAIS in our 100.

The one he's testing is for an 03 GX which is the same as the 03-06 LC/LX. The one for sale only works with the 06+ GX. That's why they are saying the 03-06 LC/LX is not ready for market.

What do you mean by clean input? I use the vias Bluetooth module on my 06 and it's very clean. Album and artist text shows on screen. The only negative is that long titles don't scroll.

i just ordered one for my GX. i know that doesn't help with the 100's, but hopefully i'll have a good experience with it and they keep working on getting them for the 100 so i can put one in our '06

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom