Washer bottle outside engine compartment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to free up space under the hood and I am thinking about moving the washer bottle to some dead space. I am looking at either the stock bottle in the rear quarter panel or a smaller one in the front fender.

Search didnt help. Has this been done? pics?

I'm using a JDM washer bottle that uses a small fill bottle in the DS fender and then a larger bladder inside the fender's dead space.

Is that the same as the 91-92 washer bottle and bladder?

Delete abs and charcoal canister, makes a huge hole. Cruise is also gone from my right, so much more space.

I'd just delete it personally. But I never use mine anyway.

Radio antenna/washer bag?
New Antenna.jpg

I've heard of guys using a Nalgene bottle inside their rig. Mainly to keep the fluid from freezing. I'm leery of doing this though because if it's too cold out and the fluid is too warm you can turn a chip in to a crack.

I liked the added reservoir bag on my 92 but the bag gave up the ghost a year or so ago. So I just plugged the reservoir and am limited to only 3 liters of fluid instead of 5-6. Oh well.

I'm using a JDM washer bottle that uses a small fill bottle in the DS fender and then a larger bladder inside the fender's dead space.

Would love to see a pic of this. We use ours all the time (first part we bought, first fix I ever did, was the pump for it). But it definitely eats up engine bay space. We want a second battery, but of all the costs that vex me, it's the stupid relocation bracket that I find hard to stomach.

Would love to see a pic of this. We use ours all the time (first part we bought, first fix I ever did, was the pump for it). But it definitely eats up engine bay space. We want a second battery, but of all the costs that vex me, it's the stupid relocation bracket that I find hard to stomach.

This is what i found for the in fender part, looks discontinued.
1992 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER WINDSHIELD WASHER

Yeah I have the other little bits to make it work but the bottles and the bracket are still needed.

Well... Make your own brackets. When I first relocated the stock bottle (pre-s/c) for my dual battery install, I just bought some 1" flat steel (1/8" thick) and bent it up in a vise, drilled some holes and sprayed black. Worked just fine for a few $ of steel flat.

This was back in the lcool days prior to mud...

cheers,
george.

I've heard of guys using a Nalgene bottle inside their rig. Mainly to keep the fluid from freezing. I'm leery of doing this though because if it's too cold out and the fluid is too warm you can turn a chip in to a crack.

That sounds like it could be true but it never really happens as far as I can tell. There have been many millions of OEM heated washer fluid systems sold, factory installed in vehicles all over the world. MUCH hoter than the inside temp of your car.

I run an aftermarket heated fluid tank. It comes out steaming in the winter and melts ice really fast. I hate scraping. Glass is pretty tough, a few ounces of warm liquid won't do anything. A gallon of boiling water...maybe.

That sounds like it could be true but it never really happens as far as I can tell. There have been many millions of OEM heated washer fluid systems sold, factory installed in vehicles all over the world. MUCH hoter than the inside temp of your car.

I run an aftermarket heated fluid tank. It comes out steaming in the winter and melts ice really fast. I hate scraping. Glass is pretty tough, a few ounces of warm liquid won't do anything. A gallon of boiling water...maybe.

Had the windshield crack on my 07 Camry. It was really cold out. Sprayed my window and watched it crack across the windshield. I had a small rock chip I had been meaning to fix.

I don't scrape my windows. Ever. I warm my truck up. Used a little gas but better anyway as the motor gets up to temp before I lead foot it!

You do realize there is absolutely no reason to warm up the engine on a modern car, right?
That's really old mentality, as in Model T.

If I were your kid I would marry a Kardashian immediately. I wouldn't want to wait for your hand me down beat up car from last century. If that's what you try to accomplish there by warming up the engine, so it can be passed down from one generation to another.
Damn! You sound like my dad and he's not young.

Sheesh! Do you really want your kid to start the car cranking it by hand? Model T.

Kim! Where are you sweetie?

I have a feeling that LS1FJ40 lives in a bit colder place than we do, and his warming up the car is to get the ice to melt off the windshields :) I don't scrape my windshield either but it almost never freezes here:cool:

You do realize there is absolutely no reason to warm up the engine on a modern car, right?
That's really old mentality, as in Model T.

If I were your kid I would marry a Kardashian immediately. I wouldn't want to wait for your hand me down beat up car from last century. If that's what you try to accomplish there by warming up the engine, so it can be passed down from one generation to another.
Damn! You sound like my dad and he's not young.

Sheesh! Do you really want your kid to start the car cranking it by hand? Model T.

Kim! Where are you sweetie?

Have you ever driven a vehicle that has been sitting in 0 degree temperature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom