Trail gear spindle lock nut (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just installed the spindle lock nut kit, this eliminates the outer lock nut and star washer. Everything went on quick and easy. Set the bearings then put on lock ring and tightened her down. I'll post again in couple months when I rebuild the axle. Seems like a real good product and should prevent issues with wheel bearings loosing up. Which I have seen with star washer.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: RFB
Running TG for a few thousand...legit

Is good stuff.

no...the allen heads are so small they'd likely strip trying to get them out.

I installed these in the spring. So far so good and will check them again in the spring to see how they are holding up.

Older thread, but I'm planning on doing these. Wanted to confirm a P/N....

Is this TG #300519-KIT?

I had trouble installing mine. The tab that keys into the axle on the lock ring was too long. Filing a bit off solved it. One wouldn't go on at all, and the other was lifting the ring enough that I couldn't get the lock screws in. Otherwise, they seem great.

You will need to get different screws the allen screws they send will get chewed up by the flange, replace with a good anhead button head type allen head screw this will clear, I found some at true value and posted the p/n in another thread about this. Other then that have been great

Last edited:
You will need to get different screws the allen screws they send will get chewed up by the flange, replace with a cap screw allen head this will clear, I found some at true value and posted the p/n in another thread about this. Other then that have been great
Yeah, I read about this AFTER I installed them and buttoned everything up. Guess I'll see how things turned out in a few months when I do the full rebuild.

I've been running them for somewhere around 2-3 years, not sure. I dig them. I was getting a weird grinding noise for a while which turned out to be the supplied lock screws rubbing against the inside of the drive flange. I ended up buying some panhead screws which were low profile.

They are M3 0.5x10 size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom