FJ40 Cross-Country Expedition: Will YOU join us??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Curious myself, It will be months before I'm able to drive a three on the tree. My original post in this thread I stated I could help depending on the date.

I'm planning on a May date for the Yosemite leg - Tioga Pass usually isn't open until then and depending on snow level it can be later. Occasionally it has opened before that.

Curious myself, It will be months before I'm able to drive a three on the tree. My original post in this thread I stated I could help depending on the date.
I'll be meeting @POTATO LAUNCHER in eastern New Mexico, but probably not for quite some time. It'll take until November 27 to get the batons to Nashville, TN. From there to west Texas will probably take until the first part of January at the very earliest. My schedule is wide open, so could get the batons from eastern New Mexico to western New Mexico or eastern Arizona in a week or so (I'm near the middle of the state). I haven't yet got a sense for how far west I'd have to go to meet up with you or ???.

Prolly gonna take the 40 loaded down with the family to St. Augustine this afternoon depending on the weather, for an early dinner. I got the top off right now so I gotta play it by ear. I'll definitely have the top on when I meet sgoat and the others there in November.

If 4Cruisers can bring baton down to Truth or Conseqences, I could carry over to to southern Az to SOAZtim. Location to be determined. I could probably go outside my circle if needed.

If 4Cruisers can bring baton down to Truth or Conseqences, I could carry over to to southern Az to SOAZtim. Location to be determined. I could probably go outside my circle if needed.
That's an alternative, we could also send the batons in two paths across Arizona - one across the north via @Living in the Past and ??? and one across the south. I may need to recruit someone in the Albuquerque area to help with that though. @AZOKE, west of T or C would be better for me if I head south, except for the possibility of snow - I haven't been south from El Malpais towards the Gila Mountains before even though I've been in New Mexico for about 60 years. Could you mke it up through Reserve for a meet along US 60 in Quemado? That may allow a common meet with @Living in the Past.

Yes, I could probably do that. Just don't want to be down south and see the baton sailing down I40 without a look at us down here. lol

I'll be meeting @POTATO LAUNCHER in eastern New Mexico, but probably not for quite some time. It'll take until November 27 to get the batons to Nashville, TN. From there to west Texas will probably take until the first part of January at the very earliest. My schedule is wide open, so could get the batons from eastern New Mexico to western New Mexico or eastern Arizona in a week or so (I'm near the middle of the state). I haven't yet got a sense for how far west I'd have to go to meet up with you or ???.

Im ready when this makes its way to west Texas

I can't confirm when the baton will actually arrive in Charleston... If @Booch and @David1947 arrive the weekend of the 12th, I won't be here to meet them; @ErikinSC will be around, though. This part is still unclear to me.

I confirm that on November 19th, @ErikinSC and I are planning to meet @mel lowe and @sggoat in St Augustine - possibly joined by @Godzirra and @77wagon . I believe @sggoat will be crashing for the night in North Florida and cruising north to Georgia the next morning.

Since I don't have a "leg" to carry the baton, I've signed up for this car show on Nov 19th in St Aug. Honk and "Mud Salute" as you drive by.
image.png

I'm out. Can't positively commit at this time.

Okay just got the word that decals are being shipped to me today should arrive in 1-2 days. I will forward a bunch to the trip starter. Is the first leg still on 10/8? Going to cut it tight, may have to send overnight. And I will need the trip starter to send me their mailing address. Thanks!

Yep thats me. PM please

So the "plan" for the decals was to send all to the starter and then include them in the "baton". Each participant would take ONE for their vehicle. Payment will be on the honor system, just $1.50 via PayPal (extra $0.50 to make up for the overnight shipping). This will save me the hassle of sending them out to everyone. If you want more than one, at the conclusion of the trip if there are any leftovers you could then purchase extras.

Seem reasonable? @hecrod how many participants do we have? That would at least give us a ballpark on quantity/person availability.

I ordered 100 FYI.

Sounds great @ginmtb looking forward to putting one of those decals on my 40.

Also, @Tennessee80 and I are planning to meet in Memphis December 10th to transfer the batons. From there I will be heading back West into Arkansas. Still need someone to fill the gap between me in northwest Arkansas and Texas.

Should be a blast guys!

So the "plan" for the decals was to send all to the starter and then include them in the "baton". Each participant would take ONE for their vehicle. Payment will be on the honor system, just $1.50 via PayPal (extra $0.50 to make up for the overnight shipping). This will save me the hassle of sending them out to everyone. If you want more than one, at the conclusion of the trip if there are any leftovers you could then purchase extras.

Seem reasonable? @hecrod how many participants do we have? That would at least give us a ballpark on quantity/person availability.

I ordered 100 FYI.

100 should be fine...

This will very likely get started tomorrow! I'll get another thread going for photos / stories and keep this one going for scheduling conversations...

I ordered 100 FYI.

Need your paypal address, PM or otherwise please for sticker payment. Even if my leg doesn't work out I'm willing to contribute to the cause.

Sorry PayPal to ginmtb@yahoo.com. Marking friends/family is appreciated but if you're not comfortable with doing that no sweat.

I'm trying to get the shipping address changed to the starter (@olive) as they didn't ship yesterday so won't arrive at my house until Friday and that will be too late even for overnight shipping. Sorry for cutting it so close thought they would be done sooner. Will update status when I hear back.

paypal sent, thanks for jumping on board with the stickers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom