Faulty Oil Pressure Gauge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone got a question regarding my 2004 Sequoia. I've been noticing that my oil pressure gauge tends to hit bottom when I am towing. I've towed an 18ft trailer and a 6/12 U-Haul with it and while towing the gauge would go all the way down. At first I was extremely worried but when I checked the oil everything was fine.

While driving normally, no towing, the gauge will stay at about 1/4 way up unless you floor it then it will go up to a little above 1/2. As soon as you town it drops down to bottom. Anyone else had this issue? I tried a couple of AZ's around me but they didn't have oil pressure testers for rent, only to buy. I really don't want to drop $80 on one for one test.

I've read elsewhere it could be the oil pressure sending unit could be faulty. It looks like an easy fix but I don't want to go drop $40 on a part that doesn't fix the problem. Thanks for any and all help!

Pretty well known issue - take a read on TundraSolutions. Likely nothing to worry about - my '04 reads low sometimes, but there is some damage to the sender wire I need to address and maybe the sender unit itself.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve read the same on other forums. My only concern was it only hit low when I was towing anything. I couldn’t find anyone saying it hit when it was towing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom