What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I took my son and his friend and dropped them off to go camping by themselves the other night. 15 years old. They fished and camped. They said they had a blast until about 3:30am when they "heard something" outside the tent. Didn't fall back asleep. They finally got up the guts to get out of the tent at 6am and fished all day. The Large mouth were killing it. They caught about 30 fish each. Had a blast.

Admittedly, it was a bit unsettling knowing they were out there all alone but they are smart kids and handled it like champs. Cooked their own food. Built their own fires. They've done it a million times but it was always with us dads. I'm glad he has a love of the outdoors.

image.jpeg

Well, two weeks ago I went to the Con'. Didn't do so well...
Cleanest break I've ever seen.

View attachment 1328890
And the splines
View attachment 1328891
Access hole...
View attachment 1328892

Just borrowed the torches, I'll be going out there Friday to cut the pass side axle out and get the third out to check everything. Hope the locker a d carrier are ok, R&P look fine, and I drove back out to hwy 50 with it broken, 23 miles, and I'm sure it would have had more damage if things were too far askew.

That's crazy stuff. Glad you are getting there. That's a fine acces hole you made. Probably not patching that one with jb weld!

Finished the bumper on the truck and installed SOR seat covers.

Well, two weeks ago I went to the Con'. Didn't do so well...
Cleanest break I've ever seen.

View attachment 1328890
And the splines
View attachment 1328891
Access hole...
View attachment 1328892

Just borrowed the torches, I'll be going out there Friday to cut the pass side axle out and get the third out to check everything. Hope the locker a d carrier are ok, R&P look fine, and I drove back out to hwy 50 with it broken, 23 miles, and I'm sure it would have had more damage if things were too far askew.

That'll buff out...

Someone HAD to say it!

Finished the bumper on the truck and installed SOR seat covers.

Nice job on the bumper. It looks like you opted to build it so the blinkers could be maintained. Tire size and suspension stats please. Good looking rig man!

Nice job on the bumper. It looks like you opted to build it so the blinkers could be maintained. Tire size and suspension stats please. Good looking rig man!

Thanks, 36x12.5r16 Super Swamper TSL radials, Slee 4", 1993 Factory Locked w/267K picked it up this spring and have been really happy with it. I plan to get started on the rear 4x4 Labs kit next week.

Got a package in the mail from a fellow mudder :cool:

20160930_112916.jpg

20160930_122538.jpg

Last edited:
updated picture :eek:

Got a jump on the weekend by changing out diff oils (~600 miles since regear) and changing out the T-case oil. Royal Purple all the way around and added 10mm allen drain plugs to both diffs.

First run with the new gears on Sunday. Going to Wheeler Lake with a solid ecumenical crew. Wheeler Lake

I installed an outside temp sensor at lunch today. I had been slowly working on the wiring extension for the temp probe the last couple days and finally got it installed today. I tried to take a picture of the display but it keeps getting a strange reflection off the dash. The display is really bright so I'm probably going to order some smoked Lamin-X film when I order the clear to cover my headlights.

Pretty cool when a guy daily driving a $200k+ Lamborghini stops and says, "Nice truck!" Ever once in awhile, as I watch people zipping around in their new slick rides, I get a little gloom set in over my lumbering elephant of a truck. Quite often get a thumbs up or a "Nice truck" that reminds me it is definitely worth the time and effort to keep the beast in good shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom