TRD Supercharged 3URFE 5.7 Tundra powered FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Check cruiserparts.com under the non-usa and diesel section, they have some H151 stuff.

For the steering box, I would run a FJ60/62 or FZJ80 box, it mounts outside of framerail and is forward swing.

nice built how much for a toyota v8 engine like that ....

I am looking forward to seeing more updates of your build. I am curious to know if you ended up ordering a h151f that was designed to come behind the 2uz. I would be interested in knowing what the total cost to get it to your door was. I am building a 2uz with a h151f but the h151f I have came behind a 1fzfe and the input shaft is shorter so I have to switch it out. This means I have to take it apart and I not looking forward to that.

I was going to use the H151F but now going the H55 now. It's the same money as the H151f and yet it's new. Easier to source too.

I have an H151 that is going behind a 2UZ in my 1966 FJ45LV (if I ever get to it). I got the transmission out of Australia, it was behind a 2UZ. My 2UZ is US spec.

The only H151 I could find was almost 3k. The H55 is just over 2k brand new. Plus if my adapter fits the H55 it should fit the 4 speed FJs as well. So we will see. I have read good things about the H55. From what I have read people have had some issues with the H151. That being said the H55 should be perfect for what I am trying to do. At this point with Icon asking 200k for their custom builds I think I am going to have to lay low a little till my build is done. If they are actually fetching 200k for their builds then this one should be well over that.

Woytovich, I don't want to derail JoeDrifters thread so I will send you a private message. I want to ask you more about your h151f.

JoeDrifter, I will look forward to seeing your completed project. It amazes me that there is a market big enough to continually support Icon builds. I think their rigs are cool just expensive for as simple as they seem. Good for them though.

Any updates?
I have yet to see any videos of the SC430 running and driving correctly. I Saw the video of it running with the stock tundra ECU and wiring harness (with Joe spraying fuel into the intake, and when he stopped spraying fuel, the engine stopped...).
Then, the video I have seen of this running is when it was pulled out of the garage (past the baby girl sitting in the driveway). But nothing of it making power, drifting, driving, racing, etc.

Hey guys what 5 speed do I need to get for this thing? H55f? I also need a split case transfer case. Does anyone know if you can still source the Tcase new? Also considering this is going to be around 500hp crank I am considering awd w/low range. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom