UK 89 HJ60 rear wiper relay wiring info need.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi

Im needing some help to rewire a rear wiper relay on my 1989 UK spec HJ60 24v

The relay wires / relay was water damaged from salt spray below it...(holes in rear quarter behind wheel)

By the time i removed the relay 4 of the wires were off their tangs and I cant work out where to reattach with female spades... I have got the rear wash working again so must be on the right lines.

The colours of the wires doesn't correspond the wiring diagram from the manual as no rear relay is marked on the wiring diag. Electrics aren't my strong point but i do my best !>

Im looking for a photo if that is possible or a clearly marked diag of the wire colour to front of relay tangs.... Hope someone can help.

My 1989 UK HJ60 seems to follow parts and specs of the FJ62 apart from being 24v and diesel obviously.

The relay in question is pink and lives in the rear washer bag cargo area near the bottom right, mounted on a tab. My connector was welded to the relay with corrosion but came loose and i think the relay may be ok still.. 85940-90A11

thanks for any help / advice.

cheers

Neil - Scotland

HJ60 have an identical body wiring set up to a 7* series of the same year, so if you can find a 7* series body electrical manual ,it will be in there.

You should be able to work it out from these?
IMG_0569.JPG
IMG_0568.JPG

If you haven't already solved it ,here are 2 diagrams non-intermittent and intermittent.

rear washer non int versus int.jpg

@sved I got a rear wiper relay that behave unruly. Wiper is on all the time when connected.
Switch 84653-32020 is measured ok
Relay 85940-90A11 (no3) have problems.
Anyway to rebuild or fix this? 300$ for a new relay is meaty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom