Builds My '78 FJ40 "44" (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good on ya mate for learning our down-under lingo! But sadly I've had to take points off for misspelling "Vegemite" (so you haven't quite got your O-levels yet).

I haven't seen much of Sandy over this last week and since you jolted my memory (that I'm married and have a lovely wife), I just gave her a buzz a few minutes ago and she's about two hours away on State Highway 1 heading home. (Just passed through the town of Bulls.)

So I guess I'd better rush around and clean up fast..

I must say it's about time she returned - I've just run out of pre-cooked meals in the fridge and tonight I must resort to baked beans on toast for tea!!!

Yip... I'm pleased to report that both Kade (the baby) and Mum (Hannah) are doing fine...

:beer:

I'll work on it cuz!!

Be sure you clean the loo and put the seat down...

Congratulations to all of you!!

Tell Sandy how difficult life was without her!!

I hope it went well with her Dad...

oh but he loves me - I've never, ever had such an attached dog. My yellow lab loved me, but that was, of course labradoration - and as someone else aptly described their lab as "everyone's dog" she was a bit of a trollop. Buick is my dog, he needs one point of contact at all times - which can get bothersome when you're walking. Fortunately, the noises I make in the shop have him convinced to say as close as he dares (about 50 feet) so I get work done.

I know what you mean... now that Chester is fully trained, he is perfect on leash... off leash, he stays tight against my left leg... so tight that it makes it difficult to walk... I have to keep my trek pole between us.

Today, I performed the first 44-related task in 5-6 weeks... And survived.

I copied @jetranger (thanks Riley!!) and installed Red Line Tuning's QuickLift Plus gas struts... Now I will always have help lifting the hood!!

This was a 1/2 :banana: job at most.... The only issue I ran into was the brackets needed to be mounted, to the hood, exactly where the hood alignment tabs sit... I installed the bracket to the bottom of the hood lip, rather than above it...

Not the best video, but... Works great!!

Your video seems to show 1 gas strut. Their website shows 2 on a FJ40. Did you see any potential issues using just 1?

Your video seems to show 1 gas strut. Their website shows 2 on a FJ40. Did you see any potential issues using just 1?

There's one on each side... That's what I meant when I said it wasn't a very good video. The DS strut is obscured, in the video, by the hood prop rod... I didn't see any point in removing it.

Sorry for the confusion!

Huh?

What are you drinking Ryan? :p

Do you mean the gas strut installation in post# 1723, above?

:beer:

I'm seeing a trend here Danny. The easily confused Ryan is also puzzled by my lemonade stand.:rolleyes:

That commercial is a hoot for sure!

I found this funny - I mean, who would be silly enough to modify their rig for a couple of goldens? :)
kayak-for-dogs.jpeg

I found this funny - I mean, who would be silly enough to modify their rig for a couple of goldens? :)
kayak-for-dogs.jpeg

Who wouldn't?!?

Jason ( @reevesci ) posted that picture a while back... I liked it so much, I considered cutting two holes in my inflatable pontoon...

Gunner loves to ride in the back, while I fly fish lakes... But, it's been a while... the youngster will get his first chance in the spring.

Like this Danny? Reo and I on the pontoon boat, he loves it.

101_4105.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom