Line-X/Bedliner whole 100-Series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone completely Line-X'ed their 100? Or sprayed the Kevlar o the whole truck? I am contemplating a LX, and needs something to cover the outside... thinking I just spray the whole thing in bedliner/kevlar.

Has anyone completely Line-X'ed their 100? Or sprayed the Kevlar o the whole truck? I am contemplating a LX, and needs something to cover the outside... thinking I just spray the whole thing in bedliner/kevlar.

Actual Line-X would cost a fortune to apply to an entire vehicle.

....personally, I'd do some PlastiDip type coating. It's available in rattlecans and is DIY friendly. The best part is that you can remove it later on (without damaging the underlying paint) when you come to your senses and realize what a horrible idea this was!!! :)

With Line-X, I also be concerned with the applied thickness and the way it would affect door gaps, hood gaps, etc. Seems like you could end up with a bunch of issues afterward.

-G

Yeah @duggy has his lined. Check out his build thread.

If that thing is that ugly I don't think I would buy it.

I disagree and here's why - if you're a good negotiator then bad paint condition is a good point to use to talk the price down. In some cases wayyy down if you know what you're talking about. Start describing the respray process and how much it will cost to spray it the original color (even if you don't intend to). A respray can cost thousands. Take the money you save from talking the seller down and do another fully Line-X'd 100 series! I doubt there's a single person on this forum who wouldn't want to see another one especially if you choose a color no one else has. I say do it!

Edit: But yes, check out @duggy and his bada** SAS conversion desert tan bedliner 100 series for inspiration Duggy's Build Thread: 1998 Land Cruiser #SAS100

Last edited:
Line-x is practically bullet proof but its got to be heavy. Wonder how much weight it adds covering the entire truck? (I have thought about doing the roof section.)

To me the weight i ms negligible.

Say it adds 75lbs (I have no idea what it would add)

75 pounds to a 6000lb vehicle doesn't really matter in my eyes....

I have done two 80 series 100% in Monstaliner-Liner...WWII OD Green.

Still have both. One is 4 years in and sits out 24/7/365. Minimal fade.

i just line-x'd my 4x4 trailer. it set me back $950. it's tough stuff, but it will fade over time with UV exposure.

Most line-x companies have higher quality coatings that are fade resistant compared to older coatings. They'll set you back mor, but will last much longer.

i just line-x'd my 4x4 trailer. it set me back $950. it's tough stuff, but it will fade over time with UV exposure.
LineX has a new product for automotive surfaces- more color options, and is UV stable.

KRice- Regarding the weight- by its self, yeah not a big deal. Considering when you have recover gear, and heavy steel on both ends, the sides, underneath and drawers in the back ( with stock gears), every 50-100lb decision starts to add up.

I got a quote yesterday for $1,900 to spray my entire LX. I may end up just going monstaliner, Al's, or Upol Raptor liner on a DIY. If you have the extra vehicle and time to dedicate to proper prep....the DIY is easy and turns out quite well. Do some searching on here and you tube.

"Bomb Proof"- nice video

If WW only had thought of that on Breaking Bad.

DIY the Monstaliner. It's almost dummy-proof if you prep correctly.

Also, I always get questions about how much weight it adds. It doesn't add much weight. The shipping weight of the 2 gallons to me was 25 pounds which includes rollers, tape, and other misc items.

Line-x is practically bullet proof but its got to be heavy. Wonder how much weight it adds covering the entire truck? (I have thought about doing the roof section.)

It really isn't very heavy. I had my bike frame sprayed years ago. Once I put it back together there was no noticeable weight difference. Maybe 8ozs.

IMAG0307.jpg

Having said that.....I would never do it to a vehicle. I did it to my bike so it never gets beat up and people don't think about stealing it when it is chained outside of anyplace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom