Tailgate Storage Lid 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow those are lookin pretty awesome! Gonna have to convince my wife to let me pick one of them up!

Rule #1: It is better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission!

Rule #2: Have kids. Wives are less likely to divorce over Land Cruiser money with kids! :grinpimp:

Just got off the phone with the laser cutter night foreman. The second run samples are ready. I will take all previous samples with me tomorrow to Salt Lake instead of coming back to install. If its all good they will be finally ordered and I will have a firm lead time.

Thanks for the extra patience on these guys.

Jason

Nice! Can't wait!

C, thank you!

Also, I've had a couple of questions come up in the past couple of days... Here are my answers to these questions...

#1) Larger door size opening. I will NOT make the door larger. Why?? the latch rods become exposed when you make the doors larger and anyone that has bent or damaged these rods know the tailgate never opens the same again. However, the rods can still be damaged from other items, but with them being covered from a top exposure point, it will help reduce this.

#2) Gas struts will not be installed. People are welcome to add these themselves, if they are so inclined.

#3) 6061 material was chosen because it is has a harder Brinell rating than 5052, but is softer, yet cheaper than the 7075 I original wanted to go with. It was a stronger but more price suitable material. Happy medium, if you will.... plus is much more scratch resistant than a softer grade. If you guys use your rig like I do. I want a surface that will stand the test of time from rugged use.

#4) Why 1/4" vs 3/16"... I can take a piece of 3/16" x 10" x 3' long and it deflects quite a bit when I twist it by hand. The longer the piece the easier to twist of course. The same size 1/4" piece still deflects, but it is about a quarter of the range. Overall just a much stronger piece of material. I've loaded one of my dual doors up with over 300#s with no issues.

Thanks,

J

Last edited:
Ye Ha, I new it was getting closer to X-mas. I'm almost out of projects so by the time the doors show up I'll have something to do.
Thanks for your time

Lids ship to me in the morning. They didn't get worked on last Saturday.

I'll get things finished and cleaned up and shipped.

Jason

300.jpg

What's the best way to treat them? Is it OK to leave as is in raw form? Should they be painted, powdercoated etc?

What's the best way to treat them? Is it OK to leave as is in raw form? Should they be painted, powdercoated etc?

I'm leaving mine bare. Just clean it up with a little Mothers and call it good for me.

I drag too much crap across my gates.. So powder or paint will be ruined in no time.

J

Wondering if these were all pre-ordered? I'm going to need one for my LX and haven't seen them on your site. What is the pricing and the best way to get one from you?
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom