Help with rear hitch cover/ bumper piece! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BTC

Threads
Merry Christmas everyone. Hope everyone had a good day and are having a happy holidays.

I have slowly fixed a few things on my newly bought 2008 LC. Ordered that piece for the seat heaters from China via eBay. Ordered a part for the cup holder divider that is great from Toyota parts.

Now on the back of my Salsa Red LC as seen in this picture I am missing the hitch / bumper cover. It was just not on the car when I bought it from the local dealer. Any advice on what the part is and if it is easy or difficult to find a new one to replace?

Sorry forgot the picture....
image.jpeg

Whoa!!! That was fast a great xmas present! Thank you. That does seem to be right. Anyone else confirm?? Thank you very much CLHickman. While on the topic any chance you know how or what parts for the second row center cup holder contraption? Mine isn't functional and needs replacing. And only other thing other than that is a couple of air vents that are broken or missing.

The hitch cover comes with a plastic push-rivet to attach it to the bumper.

For the cup holder, get to toyotapartsbarn.com for part numbers. Call Cdan or Beno here for pricing.

BTC,

I'd suggest working with Beno or CDan. I don't post often but have been cruising the 100/200 forums for the past 8 years. Beno has help A LOT of people with parts and knowledge.

I own an LX and am not smart on the difference between trim pieces of the Toyota. So please take a look at the following and see if one these suite your needs.

Beige interior:

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser Base 5.7L V8 Automatic. #6699060020E0: Cup holder. Seat Armrest Cup Holder.

Black interior:

Part number is 6699060020B0

Then as you look at the parts breakdown diagram you'll see that parts 34/35 are separate items that are listed as plates and brackets. This is where the experience of one of those two gentlemen up top will come into play as to if you need these or not. I guess it all depends on what is actually broken or no longer functioning on your current cup holder situation.

As far as the vents I'd suggest going through any of the Toyota parts retailers *EDIT* that offer the part break down similar to links provided *END EDIT* to find the vents and part numbers. I'd also suggest getting a good body trim removal kit as well. And don't forget that youtube is your friend for videos to help see what you'd be doing.

Beautiful colour truck! Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Chris

Last edited:
I've been looking for the little plastic push rivet mentioned above that secures the hitch cover to the bumper. I can't seem to find any place that sells it separately from the hitch cover itself. Should be a < $5 part, so I don't want to get the whole hitch cover assembly again. Anyone know where to buy?

I've been looking for the little plastic push rivet mentioned above that secures the hitch cover to the bumper. I can't seem to find any place that sells it separately from the hitch cover itself. Should be a < $5 part, so I don't want to get the whole hitch cover assembly again. Anyone know where to buy?

Here's what the OEM part looks like:

LC200HitchCoverFastener_29S_zps7upo1qko.jpg

The hole in the hitch cover piece is 9mm.

If the parts department at your local Toyota dealer can't hook you up, then this piece on Amazon should do the trick:

https://smile.amazon.com/Quality-Bumper-Retainer-Fasteners-52161-02020/dp/B01HJOXNHG/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1475158987&sr=8-12&keywords=toyota+fasteners&th=1

Click on the far right option for the fastener which is for 9.0mm holes. You'll get a lot of them, but still not too expensive.

HTH

Edit to add: Found a slightly cheaper option: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product...rd_wg=Ur3vg&psc=1&refRID=531AVMSBMGV8TWTMPNK4

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom