What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thats a very interestingly shaped dimple, nothing a 2x4 a hammer, little filler and some time cant fix.

Yeah. Now it looks like the other side, just done by me in the commission of a fun family day. My wife's dad paints cars for a living so I think a day there will fix both sides.

I think it took me 4 hours to do springs and shocks, didnt need a spring compressor for a 2.5" lift. Remove sway bar brackets and let them drop. The rear was simple as you mentioned, the front may need to loosen the shocks, and using the bottle jack to push the axle down made it easier.
Rear sway brackets (To frame) bolts shear easily, so careful there.

Why would they shear if the sway bar is disconnected?

Like all other wheelers in Colorado me and the family took some time to head to the mountains for the changing of the leaves.

Friday and Saturday were in Buena Vista, sight seeing at the old mining town of St. Elmo, camping up Cottonwood Pass (yes, it snowed on us) and Sunday in Leadvegas (AKA Leadville)

Colors were brilliant, the Cruiser did it's thing as always, and DeerHammer Distillery didn't disappoint with live music and amazing whiskey.

DSC_0381.jpg

Gotta get out and play in the woods.

DSC_0423.jpg

DSC_0416.jpg

Don't wheel without the proper apparel. Standard issue hoody on camping excursions.

DSC_0406.jpg

It is a Cruiser thread after all.

DSC_0426.jpg

Picked up the truck on Thursday from Valley Hybrids, drove home and loaded it with all the camp gear. Drove up to a local camp with my son's Boy Scout Troop for a weekend of hiking, merit badge work, and fun.

The only sad part is that 24 hours later the Loma fire in the Santa Cruz Mountains is 1/2 mile from where we stayed. Hoping that CalFire can get it under control before too much damage to the local forests and those who live there.

full

Last edited:
Thanks! Shocks should come out with ease. I just replaced the shocks with OEM Tokico shocks about 4-6 weeks ago.

I'll try to find a good home for them for someone that is strapped for cash.
Hmmm. I might just be that guy. Strapped for cash, and wanting to replace some KYB's. Let me know what you're thinking.

I got around to the CDL switch and if you are doing it the smaller of the 2 black and blue wires is the one you unplug

Yea so, you're not the first one to say this haha. He's registered with the American Border Collie Association who favor working skills over coat color, hence the merle coat. They do look strikingly similar though, biggest difference being an undocked tail. I ended up with this guy cause his temperament matches my family's lifestyle well.

Great looking addition Blondie!

Still waiting for @Red Merle to like all these posts ........ FTW regardless of breed :)

Loaded the red merle catalab (Catahoula/lab hybrid) up, tossed the canoe on top, and went to check out the local put in. Ended up meeting another mudder as well.
image.jpeg

And made a mudship run. Helping with some local ONSC member transactions and coming away wih a new gas tank for the 45 for me.
image.jpeg

I got around to the CDL switch and if you are doing it the smaller of the 2 black and blue wires is the one you unplug

Of course, you don't need to pull any wire to do the CDL switch. As I understand it, pulling the wire allows you to run in 4LO with the center diff UNLOCKED, while the CDL is a quick plug & play to allow you to run in 4HI with the center diff locked. I totally understand the appeal of the CDL switch and recently installed it myself. I really don't envision a time where I'd run in 4LO without the CDL locked, so I haven't done the 7-pin. (Had the same conversation last week with a tech at Slee, so at least I'm not entirely alone.

Hmmm. I might just be that guy. Strapped for cash, and wanting to replace some KYB's. Let me know what you're thinking.

Sorry bro. They've been spoken for.

Loaded the red merle catalab (Catahoula/lab hybrid) up, tossed the canoe on top, and went to check out the local put in.

I have a catahoula as well. Sweet dog. She's lazy AF!

My youngest has her learners permit to drive now, so today she drove to her friends house in my Cruiser for the first time. I think she's gonna want to put some boost to her Cruiser before long!
20160928_183631.jpg

@dogfishlake.... When you have your learners permit in MI.... does there have to be a licensed driver in the vehicle as well as the learner..... and is there an L displayed on the vehicle so olther roadusers know the driver is a learner

Well, two weeks ago I went to the Con'. Didn't do so well...
Cleanest break I've ever seen.

IMG_20160923_161715144_HDR.jpg

And the splines
IMG_20160923_161555067_HDR.jpg

Access hole...
FB_IMG_1474304117211.jpg

Just borrowed the torches, I'll be going out there Friday to cut the pass side axle out and get the third out to check everything. Hope the locker a d carrier are ok, R&P look fine, and I drove back out to hwy 50 with it broken, 23 miles, and I'm sure it would have had more damage if things were too far askew.

@dogfishlake.... When you have your learners permit in MI.... does there have to be a licensed driver in the vehicle as well as the learner..... and is there an L displayed on the vehicle so olther roadusers know the driver is a learner
No L, but a parent or guardian along (me in this case). I think the process has gotten a lot tougher in Michigan, which is a good thing, I believe.

My youngest has her learners permit to drive now, so today she drove to her friends house in my Cruiser for the first time. I think she's gonna want to put some boost to her Cruiser before long!View attachment 1328740

Good times, I remember teaching my kiddo to drive stick in my mini truck. Her and some of her friends took turns "wheeling" on a camping trip and one of her friends ran into a fence and a tree :hillbilly: The friend has since moved off to college/career in MD, but whenever she comes back to down, we still give her s*** for that. Same girl also ran a dirtbike into the only tree in the viscinity. East coasters--you've been warned.

There is no L plate in America that's a British empire thing I think. Here you can't label people like because it would make them uncomfortable to be singled out;) Plus nobody is actually paying attention anyway so..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom