Builds Stiflers Hzj75rv Mild build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It seems to be held with one rare earth magnet. How do you like this as opposed to a clasp of some sort?

Andrew - looking good!

There are actually 4 rare earth magnets in the table, matching up with the 4 screws/bolts holding the black Starboard panel onto the door. It looks like Andrew might have put a washer behind one of the bolts to make more secure contact with the magnet. Those rare earth magnets are pretty strong, but let me know how well they work. I only have two on my table, and the table comes undone if I slam the back door closed really hard. I may need to rethink the securing system.

One more tip - the screws holding the wire stays onto the side of the table need to be just a bit loose so the wire stay can rotate freely. Looks like you've got the stay on the door cranked down a bit crooked. Those can be tight, just make sure the wood screws going into the side of the table allow for movement in the wire stay.

rear table notes.jpg

Thanks Ben, i ended up straightening that up yesterday. I had to put a washer on the left most bolt that lines up with the magnet, seems my door isnt true like the shelf. Had to move the bolt head out a smidge to touch the magnet. I dont see an issue with the magnets, slamming the door closed does not affect the grip these things have once i had all 4 making contact. I will spray that washer black to match.

Only "Mod" I ended up doing was to take a dremel and cut the pointy ends off of where the wood screws go into the star board. They were sticking through enough that they would not allow the panel to seat flush.

Sounds good - keep me posted with how everything works!

My last suggestion is to put a beer in the cupholder :)

So reg renewal is upon me. Need to get a custom plate.

Wife is partial to "PartyBus", i was thinking something like "Troopy" (im the lame one). What do you guys think?

Randomly came accross somewhere you said some Aussies call their troopys "Legends"..... not sure how many digits you can have but some form of "Legend" would be really funny for the plate. I am not a fan of custom plates but if you must... thats my vote. :flipoff2:

Thought really hard about it. However there is a gay bar in downtown raleigh called Legends. Not that i care, but the owner has that license plate. Maybe Legend.... instead

How about;
"DIGGERS" - The troopy is so called because it can carry troops of 8. We call Aussie army personnel "diggers".
"BEACH BUS"
"SHAGGIN WAGON" - Name used in the 70s for vehicles that can hold a bed. I personally do not condone this.
OR you could just take the "S" off "LEGENDS" No way will it be misconstrued with the night club.

Even though i have a great time at windrock at the 70s meet and greet, ended up taking root drivers side during a hill climb with steep walls . Thought i had cleared it until the ass kicked over and leaned into the root. Not happy, and you got to pay to play. More upsetting was there was not one bypass but two. Sending the troopy over to @SteveJackson sometime in the next two weeks to try to work his magic and repair and paint, as well as addressing some minor rust issues around the windscreen. Popping it out and replacing the cancer if found. Maybe depending on total cost, finally getting the rear bumper :)

Warning, Graphic images ahead.

image.jpg

IMG_20160923_141528.jpg

Apart from that incident, it was a great time. Too many pics to post but here are some of the good ones. I want to thank sam @elkaholic for being a fantastic trail leader and guiding us through some pretty tough spots. The troopy lived up to its legendary ability to get through the rough stuff. I think it surprised a few folks, the driver on the other hand should be more careful with roots. :p

DSCN1219.JPG

DSCN1217.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG

Christmas in Sept!

Troop carriers of Australia radiator skid, redarc solar and battery controller, and water tank kit for showers and cooking/drinking that fits snuggly between the aux tank and bumper.

IMG_20160928_193243322.jpg

Troop carriers of Australia ........... and water tank kit for showers and cooking/drinking that fits snuggly between the aux tank and bumper.

View attachment 1328632

Well done Legend ! Please give some more info and detailed pics on the "water tank kit" ? Does it run via a gas geyser ?

Andrew,

I'm far from tired of seeing what you're doing with your Troopie. And jealous no less, at least partly because i'm stuck with my inability to improve mine just now.
Painful to see your broken side windows, that hurts! I hope you'll pardon my asking this now, kick my rear if you want, but here goes: i have a set of rear side windows off my '92 Troopie that i do not intend to use (i've found an alternative i prefer); i do have those windows available for sale, in case you're keen.
Let me know.

Thanks for the chat Nick, im sure we can work something out. Sent a note to the aussie guys that were sourcing to see how much they wanted, no word yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom