My 1st 200 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What's that?

Google is your friend! Search BHLM or Black Head Light Mod and you'll get thousands of hits with videos, pics and write ups. I'd link some but responding from my phone.

The suspension transformation will include the first set of Baja Kit's LC200 upper & lower control arms as well as Baja Kit spec'd Kings 2.5's with external adjusters on all four corners. Also going to try to stuff some Falken Tire 35's inside the wheel wells! Looking forward to running the beast in Barstow with the Brenthel Team so they can fine tune the suspension to run the way it's supposed to... Hard & Fast!

Dropped off the LC this morning here:
IMG_4724_zpsqwhp0hog.jpg

For those of you not familiar with Brenthel Industries Brenthel Industries | Home and their sister company Baja Kits High Performance Lift Kits, Long Travel Kits, and Suspension Kits, brothers Jordan and Johnathan Brenthel have been in the baja racing seen for many years. They used to work at Millen Motorsports (Ryan Millen raced the Tundra Pro last year and won his class in the Baja 1000) and started their own company several years ago. They design, fab, and manufacture all parts in house and appear to be pretty damn good at what they do and really busy:

IMG_4726_zpsoxu51vlg.jpg

There were over 20 baja chassis in various states of build, completion, or tuning in the shop as well as numerous weekend warrior trucks, like my own, having baja kits or more installed.

IMG_4725_zpsxh0yvoi9.jpg

Jordan gave me a full tour of the shop and discussed all the little details of what they do and why they do it. The brothers had just returned from Dubai where they had been flown over to build a truck for someone with a little money! Dubai also happens to be the catalyst of why they are getting into the 200 series market. There is a demand and consumer market need for UCA & LCA for the 200 in the Middle East. They were asked to design and manufacture the parts for this market and as luck would have it for me, they needed a stock 200 to test fit and demo the product line on. By the this time tomorrow or early Wednesday, I will have a the first set of Baja Kits LC200 UCA & LCA as well as a set of Kings on all four corners! A photo shoot will follow and then a test run out to Barstow!

I asked Jordan to take lots of pics so I can post them up as the work is done.

Very cool, picts will indeed be needed, can't wait to see them

Dropped off the LC this morning here:
IMG_4724_zpsqwhp0hog.jpg

For those of you not familiar with Brenthel Industries Brenthel Industries | Home and their sister company Baja Kits High Performance Lift Kits, Long Travel Kits, and Suspension Kits, brothers Jordan and Johnathan Brenthel have been in the baja racing seen for many years. They used to work at Millen Motorsports (Ryan Millen raced the Tundra Pro last year and won his class in the Baja 1000) and started their own company several years ago. They design, fab, and manufacture all parts in house and appear to be pretty damn good at what they do and really busy:

IMG_4726_zpsoxu51vlg.jpg

There were over 20 baja chassis in various states of build, completion, or tuning in the shop as well as numerous weekend warrior trucks, like my own, having baja kits or more installed.

IMG_4725_zpsxh0yvoi9.jpg

Jordan gave me a full tour of the shop and discussed all the little details of what they do and why they do it. The brothers had just returned from Dubai where they had been flown over to build a truck for someone with a little money! Dubai also happens to be the catalyst of why they are getting into the 200 series market. There is a demand and consumer market need for UCA & LCA for the 200 in the Middle East. They were asked to design and manufacture the parts for this market and as luck would have it for me, they needed a stock 200 to test fit and demo the product line on. By the this time tomorrow or early Wednesday, I will have a the first set of Baja Kits LC200 UCA & LCA as well as a set of Kings on all four corners! A photo shoot will follow and then a test run out to Barstow!

I asked Jordan to take lots of pics so I can post them up as the work is done.

Great info, you should make this a new thread and post on the main forum. Thanks for sharing !

Jordan provided a brief update on the progress last night along with some teaser shot's.

Not much to see here except that the rotors are back on:
IMG_2271_zps5lrat0vf.jpg

Brenthel Ind and Baja Kits work with Falken Tire. Jordan reached out to them to see if they wanted to be a part of this build and lucky for me, they jumped on board and provided a new pair of shoes! Here's a shot of the new WILDPEAK A/T3W in 285/75 R17 which have an overall diameter of 33.9". A little bigger then the 285/70R17 KO2's i had on there when I dropped it off.
IMG_2275_zpsg6goqolv.jpg

Jordan stated it appears there will be minimal trimming required to make these work.

Next up were these two shots of Brenthels other partner, King Shocks:
IMG_2277_zps0wjmp6y2.jpg

IMG_2276_zpsp0l3sai7.jpg

Not much to see from the photo's so I'm anxious to see the finished results and more importantly feel the ride.

They are hoping to have it buttoned up today and get in an alignment and test drive completed. After that, it's off to a photo shoot and then a trip to Barstow for a few test runs!

She's DONE! Well almost. Still some other things I want to do but the guys at Brenthel Ind aka BAJA Kits are done with the part that's going to make her really damn fun to drive! I love the look and can't wait to feel the performance.

IMG_2298_zps7jecvufi.jpg

I failed to get before numbers on height but there's plenty of LC out there with 17" RW and 285/70 17's KO2's and stock suspension I can get that from. Here's a some side shots now. I think it looks leveled out.

IMG_2303_zpsmjvdkxgw.jpg

IMG_2300_zpsmpgjnbby.jpg

IMG_2304.PNG_zpstpag6dzu.png

And the goodies behind the shoes that's gonna make it ohh so much more capable and fun to drive!

IMG_2305.PNG_zpsjcds5oae.png

IMG_2299_zpsavajdurv.jpg

Stay tuned, more to follow...

She's DONE! Well almost. Still some other things I want to do but the guys at Brenthel Ind aka BAJA Kits are done with the part that's going to make her really damn fun to drive! I love the look and can't wait to feel the performance.

IMG_2298_zps7jecvufi.jpg

I failed to get before numbers on height but there's plenty of LC out there with 17" RW and 285/70 17's KO2's and stock suspension I can get that from. Here's a some side shots now. I think it looks leveled out.

IMG_2303_zpsmjvdkxgw.jpg

IMG_2300_zpsmpgjnbby.jpg

IMG_2304.PNG_zpstpag6dzu.png

And the goodies behind the shoes that's gonna make it ohh so much more capable and fun to drive!

IMG_2305.PNG_zpsjcds5oae.png

IMG_2299_zpsavajdurv.jpg

Stay tuned, more to follow...

I'm super curious about your tire size on the Faulkens.
Jordan provided a brief update on the progress last night along with some teaser shot's.

Not much to see here except that the rotors are back on:
IMG_2271_zps5lrat0vf.jpg

Brenthel Ind and Baja Kits work with Falken Tire. Jordan reached out to them to see if they wanted to be a part of this build and lucky for me, they jumped on board and provided a new pair of shoes! Here's a shot of the new WILDPEAK A/T3W in 285/75 R17 which have an overall diameter of 33.9". A little bigger then the 285/70R17 KO2's i had on there when I dropped it off.
IMG_2275_zpsg6goqolv.jpg

Jordan stated it appears there will be minimal trimming required to make these work.

Next up were these two shots of Brenthels other partner, King Shocks:
IMG_2277_zps0wjmp6y2.jpg

IMG_2276_zpsp0l3sai7.jpg

Not much to see from the photo's so I'm anxious to see the finished results and more importantly feel the ride.

They are hoping to have it buttoned up today and get in an alignment and test drive completed. After that, it's off to a photo shoot and then a trip to Barstow for a few test runs!
Tonight I received two more teaser shots:
IMG_2283_zpse9kgd8o9.jpg

And:
IMG_2284_zpst1nyeb4t.jpg

I am extremely curious about your Falken tire size. You mentioned 33.9". Is that what Falken lists? Or is that ACTUAL size inflated on your RW wheels? Is that as they sit with weight?

I'm also SUPER curious about trimming requires.

Finally, I'm curious about the WIDTH effect of your new suspension. Is it as tucked as stock tends to be? Or is it closer to a Tundra stance, where you gain about 3 inches?

The reason I'm so curious is I'm looking at going for as close to 34 as I can, but I'm not sure what's going to fit with (or without) spacers...and ALSO quite frustrated trying to basically GUESS how tall tires really are when mounted, as opposed to manufacturer specs. You are referring to the closest I've yet heard of...to a REAL 34...on my same wheels...so I'm super curious. Detailed info would be AWESOME.

Markuson

@usmcHOG - one word.... WOW! Looks sharp! I will be interested in seeing it flex.

Sweet setup.

How loud are the Falkeen A/T3W in comparison to your KO2? I put the same size Toyo AT2 on my truck and find them too freakin loud on my Tundra. It is more the pitch that is the problem.

I'm super curious about your tire size on the Faulkens.

I am extremely curious about your Falken tire size. You mentioned 33.9". Is that what Falken lists? Or is that ACTUAL size inflated on your RW wheels? Is that as they sit with weight?

I'm also SUPER curious about trimming requires.

Finally, I'm curious about the WIDTH effect of your new suspension. Is it as tucked as stock tends to be? Or is it closer to a Tundra stance, where you gain about 3 inches?

The reason I'm so curious is I'm looking at going for as close to 34 as I can, but I'm not sure what's going to fit with (or without) spacers...and ALSO quite frustrated trying to basically GUESS how tall tires really are when mounted, as opposed to manufacturer specs. You are referring to the closest I've yet heard of...to a REAL 34...on my same wheels...so I'm super curious. Detailed info would be AWESOME.

Markuson

Sir,

I will provide answers to all of these questions as soon as I'm able to provide them. The truck is still at Brenthel as they work on some of the fitting details you have asked about. I personally have not seen it yet, just the pics I've posted above.

Sweet setup.

How loud are the Falkeen A/T3W in comparison to your KO2? I put the same size Toyo AT2 on my truck and find them too freakin loud on my Tundra. It is more the pitch that is the problem.

I have not picked the truck up yet so can't answer this question. I will advise after I pick it up.

Sir,

I will provide answers to all of these questions as soon as I'm able to provide them. The truck is still at Brenthel as they work on some of the fitting details you have asked about. I personally have not seen it yet, just the pics I've posted above.

Ah! OK. I just noticed that you posted 33.9", so I thought maybe you'd measured.
I'm bed-bound anyway, so no hurry! :)

Love,

Sir (haha)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom