Builds Box Rocket 1995 FZJ80 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Knowing what you know now you could have shipped the 3rds to Zuk and just done the R&R yourself and been down for only 1/2 or less the time and maybe even save a little cash. Good On Nitro though, I knew they had good C/S but that really is going above and beyond the call for sure... When or if I decided to regear or need new gears for something, I had always figured I would source components from Nitro, now I know I will!!!!

Knowing what you know now you could have shipped the 3rds to Zuk and just done the R&R yourself and been down for only 1/2 or less the time and maybe even save a little cash. Good On Nitro though, I knew they had good C/S but that really is going above and beyond the call for sure... When or if I decided to regear or need new gears for something, I had always figured I would source components from Nitro, now I know I will!!!!

Zuk?

Holy crap! Good thing you tore the front down before the Moab trip, or we'd be hearing about how you dealt with carnage on the trail!

Holy crap! Good thing you tore the front down before the Moab trip, or we'd be hearing about how you dealt with carnage on the trail!
yep it's all good. I just chalk this experience up to one of those "sh*t happens" things. Finding the issues before the trip was in part to try to track down the noise, but also just part of pre-trip truck prep (checking wheel bearings etc). So I may not do a full knuckle tear down before every trip but checking the wheel bearings showed some evidence of weird stuff that made me do a bit more digging.

Speaking of trail carnage from the weekend...
I had an alignment done before the trip and when I started home from Moab my steering wheel was off-center so after I got home I took a closer look at things to see if TREs or anything like that was hammed. Found this instead.

Another reason I love having a welder. Little cleanup of the crack and some melted steel and all good again.

might actyally want to look at beefing it up a little more than a weld IMO...... making the foot print wider would help on it.....
ill have to look at mine as my steering wheel after moab when i jumped it magically straightened out lol...... and never even thought to look there, my tre are good and my panhard and steering arms are straight lol

My truck has had a bit of hard use lately and needed a bit of cleanup. One of the things I wanted to address was a decent amount of rockrash on the wheels. In the process I decided to change the color and resprayed them last night. The color is a little different than I expected. I used Rustoleum "Stainless Steel" but it came out a bit more bronze than I expected. A few coats of color followed by a few coats of clear. Not aweful just different than what I expected. I'll see if it grows on me and either leave it or redo them at a later date in silver/gunmetal or go back to black.

That color looks awesome! Gives the wheels a little more depth. Keep it, I say!

You need to fully weld the pipe x brace where it comes through as well, as it will crack from the ends of the short welds next.

Dont need to gusset the top weld, filling in the 90 deg bend with a good fillet is more than enough.

1618448_958108600889732_7229970495524507515_n_zpsajk9bzz3.jpg

10848053_898753650158561_5426999111028698007_n_zpsjxn9k400.jpg

You need to fully weld the pipe x brace where it comes through as well, as it will crack from the ends of the short welds next.

Dont need to gusset the top weld, filling in the 90 deg bend with a good fillet is more than enough.

1618448_958108600889732_7229970495524507515_n_zpsajk9bzz3.jpg

10848053_898753650158561_5426999111028698007_n_zpsjxn9k400.jpg
I was looking at the pipe brace too. Currently it looks ok but definitely looked like it could use another bead. Thanks for confirming.

I added a couple BH3D emblems last night to replace the factory sombrero ones. This one on the rear hatch as well as the one on the grill.

And I was pretty excited about the number in the bottom left for the last tank of gas. Yes, it's mostly highway miles but that may be the best I've ever had for a full tank in an 80.
What device is this?

This maybe be a repeat question but can you link me to the website you bought your spacers from thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom