Help with codes please... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I own 2002 Land Cruiser. Took in and had muffler replaced. Now check engine lite, vsc trac and vsc off lites came on. Car running very poor. Muffler had noticable hole rusted and car idle and accelleration were a bit sputtery before taking to shop. All spark plugs are new as of 2 weeks ago along with 4 new coils on cylindars 2,5,6 and 7. Checked codes and the following came up.
P0304
C1201
C1223
C1241

I have ordered 2 coils and will replace cylinder 4 coil for the P0304 code.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Welcome to mud!

PO304 is coil pack
C1201 is Engine Control System Malfunction
C1223 is Malfunction in ABS
C1241 is abnormal battery voltage.

Nothing to get too scared about.

I'd start with making sure your battery is holding a good charge. Many people have had this issue recently and it has turned out to be a bad battery. Due to the C1241 code, this is where I would start. Maybe the battery was run down while performing maintenance and you just happen to have a coil pack out. For future reference, you can search those codes on here and pull up many threads.

Battery checks out good. When I got it home from shop, it smelled like something burning right where the muffler was installed. It ran sluggish, low power and rough idle. Coils will be here Saturday, so I will replace #4 and post results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom